Gibson Brands Forums

J-45TV!

Guest J-Doug

Looks spanky ... you must be salivating mate ...

thanks guys.

I have a sound sample coming my way tomorrow apparently.

Seller has said:

'It is in excellent condition and sounds incredible! I am only selling for financial reasons.'

He also states:

'The action is fairly low and the intonation is perfect, it had a set up at Chandler's when I bought it. This is an added bonus as some J45 fans have criticized the factory set up on these J45s.'

All sounds a bit too good to be true! Time will tell..

p.s. here's a photo

Looks spanky ... you must be salivating mate ...

haha I am - I'm just a little concerned as the listing has been up since March 15, and the ad viewed 380 times and it's still for sale...Would he not have got more putting it on ebay? I guess maybe not once ebay take their cut.

Having said that, the advertised price is 1,900 - which might have turned off many - but I've got him down to the 1,550..

I guess I'll just have to wait and find out - going to check it out on Sunday

haha I am - I'm just a little concerned as the listing has been up since March 15, and the ad viewed 380 times and it's still for sale...Would he not have got more putting it on ebay? I guess maybe not once ebay take their cut.

Having said that, the advertised price is 1,900 - which might have turned off many - but I've got him down to the 1,550..

I guess I'll just have to wait and find out - going to check it out on Sunday

Good luck! I love mine [biggrin]

'The action is fairly low and the intonation is perfect, it had a set up at Chandler's when I bought it. This is an added bonus as some J45 fans have criticized the factory set up on these J45s.'

I bought my J45TV about a year ago. One month later, my 5-Star dealer had a Gibson Day. I took my J45TV in for a checkup and string change. The Gibson rep did a setup (really, only about 1/4 turn of the truss rod), resulting in lower action. Now, while the factory setup was just fine -- the lower action made it even better! Some say that lowering the action would reduce volume -- but I did not observe that on my J45TV. One year later, I took it in for a 'well baby' checkup. My local guitar expert looked it over, played it a bit. His first comment was 'Wow, that is a loud J45!'. Then he said it absolutely did not need any adjustment. I had changed the strings not long before taking it in, so he did not even suggest new strings either. Check out that J45TV -- I think you will absolutely love it!

After that I kept A-B'ing the custom shop and the TV. The TV won hands down. Eventually I stopped playing the custom shop altogether. What a killer guitar that TV was and is. I had a hard time leaving the store without it. GAS alert!

I found a J45 TV last year and really thought it was what I wanted (needed?). But I resisted and walked out of the store without buying it. I thought about it every day after that. And, talked over and over with my Wife about it. One week later I went back in and it was still there! It left the store with me. I fought the GAS impulse, but I was only able to resist a short time. Now, I am glad I have it and have no remorse. My J45 TV is a keeper!

I was fortunate enough to find a used J-45 TV ,that is an absolute gem of a guitar.

Can't believe I was so lucky to find this instrument. It was in a store 3 1/2 hours

away but once I tried it I knew it was coming home with me.

This guitar just oozes personality and tone .

dchristo,

Love the "Porch Pick"

thanks guys.

I have a sound sample coming my way tomorrow apparently.

Seller has said:

'It is in excellent condition and sounds incredible! I am only selling for financial reasons.'

He also states:

All sounds a bit too good to be true! Time will tell..

p.s. here's a photo

Good luck buddy :)

Just make sure you make the bed before you leave . lol

If you are serious about buying the guitar the trip will be worth it regardless. It is 8:00 P.M. here in Norfolk VA and I am sure by now you have played the guitar. I hope it was what you wanted and purchased it. I have a 2007 J-45 TV and it is my favorite guitar. In 2007 they still had Sitka tops. I would love to hear it next to one with an Adi top. What do you fellows think the difference would be sound wise? At any rate I hope you got the guitar!

Archived