Gibson Brands Forums

How many hours a week do you actually PLAY guitar???

onewilyfool

I might be the youngest of all here ... so I play probably 3 hours a day but some days slip by with the J 200 still in it's case

JC

JC..your in your early 20's right ?

man to be there again ...3 hours a day is where its at..if you can do it for 10 odd years..then you gonna be good . i wish i had the disipline to do it at that age..I'm doing it now..well tryin..but I think you learn faster being younger..?

to be really good at 30 a lot more options are open for you... but

those days when your ax is in its case..i think are probably the most important..thats when you really have to apply your self..if you want to really play

some people are just natural..some have to work...if you put the time in..you will get the rewards

of course..you either want to play or dont..but your at a great age to be doing it

all the best man

there is a chinese saying that goes along the lines of.

'If you leave your art

for one day

your art

will leave you

for two'

very true i think

I used to do a few hours a night but I have swan neck syndrome (hypermobile joints) So my left hand fingers are now sore.

It's too bad because I now have some incredible instruments at the age of 57 that I wish I had 30 years ago.

SO now I have to have down days and let the inflamation reduce. I probably should take 3 to 6 months OFF and get some stem cell treatment and let the middle joints heal.

I am now retired and have taken the adult ed classes for songwriting the last 3 years. I love songwriting and playing the Rosewood J45 and my Tuttle tele with small SS frets.

I have all this time and desire to grow but 45 years of playing might be a few hours too many.

Archived