Gibson Brands Forums

How many hours a week do you actually PLAY guitar???

onewilyfool

I usually play three times a week at the cafe, 1.5 hours per, on those days, I usually dink around at night before sleep for 1/2 hr., and on non-cafe days, usually one hour at night before sleep. Occasionally, I'll pick up the guitar during the day and paly for maybe 1/2 hour....so, all totaled, maybe 10 to 12 hours per week. That's pretty good, more than that, and my hands would be too sore to play....lol....how about youse guys???

Probably just under an hour a day of actual playing time for me. I try not to miss a day if possible, even if it's only 15 minutes of playing. I usually don't take a guitar on short business trips (less than four days), but almost always do on anything longer.

Even playing every day, the first 5-10 minutes are pure fumble-fingers. I can't imagine playing less than I do.

There are days that I don't touch a guitar and I am sorry...

I would love to play 5-6 every day.

But I can not. Mater of time.

We all have dreams but for the rest of the time we all need salarys (Terry Pratchett)

Somedays I pick one of the guitars to try to play and after 1/2-1 hr I get nowhere and frustrated ..and i dont consider that playing at all.

But maybe 9 hrs a week..a pathetic amount of time.

Normally min 1 1/2 hr when I pick the guitar up..

Sometimes I stay in and have a great all dayer & play 6 hrs...those are the best days of all. Reminds me when I was young.

Cool question.

I just got back into playing last spring and prior to that I literally played a guitar 3 maybe 4 times a year for about 15 years.

Happy to say I am back at it now and try and play every day and look forward to playing when I'm not playing. It's like I'm 20 again. (I'm 51).

So I'm playing anywhere between 20 minutes of just noodling to maybe up to 90 minutes or so a day. I have even gone back to taking some lessons.

Real happy to be back at it. I knew I kept all my guitars for a reason.. hehe.

Does anybody else sit there at night with a guitar in their lap and play along with the commercial jingles or TV show theme music?

I do!

I have a "M back packer" next to the lazy boy and almost every time any music comes on Ithe tube I pick it out....

If its something that sticks with me I'll try it out the the Gibby upstairs.

I play when ever I get the urge . I play out once a week practice about 5 hours a week j...not counting hthe "TV jam'in"... [tongue]

Archived