Gibson Brands Forums

Been given a speaker cab

jdgm

Hi everyone

I had an unexpected stroke of luck last night at rehearsal when our sax player gave me an old Fender 1x12 cab he has had for years and wanted to get rid of. It has a fully working Celestion G12-H-100 speaker in it, 8 ohms. Well that's made my Xmas!

I can use it with my Park MV100 but think I should eventually buy a smaller head....any suggestions?

He has also lent me his Boss RC20 looper he wants to sell; as I don't have a looper this seems like a good place to start...I've downloaded the manual but haven't tried it out yet. I expect I'll buy it (anybody know how much it's worth?) and probably slip him a few quid extra for the cab anyway. Thing to do. [thumbup]

FenderCab1_zps67f507ca.jpg

FenderCab2_zpsa2a9ddff.jpg

Regards!

...I can use it with my Park MV100 but think I should eventually buy a smaller head....any suggestions?...

Although it won't 'match' in the looks dept., the Marshall Class 5 head has received great reviews.

Nice score on both the cab and the looper!

[thumbup]

P.

Although it won't 'match' in the looks dept., the Marshall Class 5 head has received great reviews.

Yes very desirable...a lot of choice out there now in low-wattage heads...I also like the look of the Orange Tiny Terror. I need plenty of clean tone but don't want to go transistor.

Thanks to all for the good advice!

I have actually bought a Night Train N15 lately and the Celestion (in my opinion)should be perfect.

tell you what, send me the cab and I will try it out for you????

:lol: No please don't worry I am sure you are quite correct and will take your word for it!

That might be a port. Just an opening cause its a small closed back cab.

Yes that's it. Makes me wonder whether it was built as a guitar cab or just general-purpose p.a.

Archived