Gibson Brands Forums

Dave in Boston

daveinspain

Just wanted to let you guys know I got in town yesterday.... Taking my brother out for dinner for his birthday tonight with his wife, two daughters and their boyfriends. My mother has no idea I'm here so were going to surprise her. She'll be expecting my brother to picker her up for his Birthday dinner but it will be me who picks her up... [biggrin] Hope it's a good surprise.... :-k :blink:

And of course Dave there is absolutely no chance whatever of you looking about for guitars over there... [rolleyes][biggrin]

I'm always looking but that doesn't mean I'll be buying anything... Unless of course a gorgeous number jumps off the wall and throws it's self at me and says I'm yours... But I'll try and stay away from the discotheques anyway... [biggrin]

if you happen to get out towards Watertown there is a great little shop that opened back in October called Tone Brokers.

They are just past the star market on Mt. Auburn st on Cushing st. ALL guitars, custom vintage and boutique amps, great guys too.

That should be a real cool surprise for your mom,just make sure that she doesn't faint.I hope that you have a good time while in the U.S.Let me know if you have a stopover in St. John's, NL, on your return flight-we're a routine stop over for Trans-Atlantic flights to top up their fuel tanks on the way to Europe.

And if ya gets a chance stop into The Abbey for some drinks and tell my brother (bar manager) I said hi.

Went by the Abbey tonight for a beer and some Bison Bolognese... Great place, was jumpin with people and your brother's a very cool guy, hard worker and very professional... Thanks for the beer Cookie!! Dean said it was on you... [thumbup]

Went by the Abbey tonight for a beer and some Bison Bolognese... Great place, was jumpin with people and your brother's a very cool guy, hard worker and very professional... Thanks for the beer Cookie!! Dean said it was on you... [thumbup]

Glad you enjoyed it Dave. I'll pass the word to my brother.msp_thumbup.gif

Archived