Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Western Classic Prewar Review

JuanCarlosVejar

Sure is purty, I'd like to try one! I wonder when they were first offered? The reissue, I mean. And cost?

I've seen some were offered around the 2004-20005 time frame

not sure about the price ... but probably around 4.5 k ?

edit : ok I found one at Norm's Rare Guitars from 2002 :

http://www.normansrareguitars.com/product.php?productid=3250

price is $5295

JC

I picked up my '04 for 2800.00 and flipped it for 3300.00. there are 2 at Dave's Guitar Shop right now for around 3900.00. I bet he'd wheel and deal. They are amazing sounding guitars and I sometimes regret letting mine go. I got a sweet J200 TV in the process, though.

I had one circa 2001 and it was an amazing guitar. It had a warranty issue though, and went back to the factory for a lifting bridge. Then when it was shipped back to me the shipper lost it (probably theft). Montana offered to send me a new J200 blonde maple, or wait for another one. I chose wrongly and the rest is history.

I had one circa 2001 and it was an amazing guitar. It had a warranty issue though, and went back to the factory for a lifting bridge. Then when it was shipped back to me the shipper lost it (probably theft). Montana offered to send me a new J200 blonde maple, or wait for another one. I chose wrongly and the rest is history.

Was that your guitar..?

(Just joking)

Archived