Gibson Brands Forums

Double Aught

Murph

Here's a little project I did with Owen Malone back in 1998. It was originally on the I.U.M.A. (independant underground music association) site until they went belly up. CDbaby picked up all of their leftover inventory as I understand it around 2006, so it says release date of 2006.

It was recorded in Paducah, Ky April/May of 98 and released around Oct. Discmakers made the cd's, they are all sold out unless cdbaby has a few.

I'll try to find some pictures of the logo (two aughts) and scan some pictures later if I get time.

There is is a song called Murphy Slaw (mine) on it and I have to admit KSG_Standard figured out this was me years ago and bought a download. Anyhoo...

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/doubleaught

Man, that is sweet. How did you like "THE SG"?

I bought it "New Old Stock" in 1993. Serious.

Walnut body and neck, "velvet brick" bridge humbucker, ebony board. I gigged the heck out of that guitar and really thought it was special until I read lately that dem00n said it was just mediocre.

I didn't know.

Yea Bill, the mullets lasted longer for some. Marty Stuart still wears one.

Thanks Kahune, it was a really good run for a few years. Lucky to have survived that one, if ya know what I mean.....

Those must have been some crappy monitors if he's mixing with headphone's! LOLZ!

:-k

Actually, Mr Spector, we used those, some Mackies in another room, good headphones, cheap headphones, and several car stereos in the mixing process.

But, I'll be sure to keep you in mind if I need an expert.

[glare]

:-k

Actually, Mr Spector, we used those, some Mackies in another room, good headphones, cheap headphones, and several car stereos in the mixing process.

But, I'll be sure to keep you in mind if I need an expert.

[glare]

Um, those look a lot like AKG 240's. I got a pair of them too, good phones but not for mixing if you got speaker's. Just saying.

Archived