Gibson Brands Forums

Pick up rings wrong from factory....

bongofury

This is getting tiring for me and I know you guys don't want to hear it again. But it's only

Right to make you aware because you too may have the same problem

So here goes.... With all my b$@&hing about my ace budokan's buzzing, slack tuners, slight indent in binding ,

High nut.. While I was speaking with the dealer he tells me the pick up rings are wrong

On many budokans coming from the factory the middle ring is higher than the bridge ring and the neck.ring

My be wrong too. So there ordering the ring kit to fix the problem .

I thought the guitar was inspect in USA before it was shipped out. I even phoned Gibson to make sure before I bought

It and they said not to worry.

Why haven't epiphone notified budokan owners about this and the other problems... The distributor not the

Music store told me this and he said epiphones quality control. Sucks. .

I phoned Gibson and spoke to customer service as a concerned customer and the guy couldn't give a crap

He said email epiphone or phone the distributor and gave me there number..

Sorry guys and girls but very disappointed i spent close to 1000.00 dollars for a ltd. edition ace

Guitar and was so excited about it. Now I feel like I got hosed its all a scam to suck you in.

Then they release the tommy Thayer guitar on the heels of ace budokan..Wow.....

I could understand if it was a 200 dollar guitar but a 1000.00 bucks come on....

We as a society Have now come to except this as the norm. Instead of demanding the best before you take our money.

Countries like Japan are trying to put out the best product ever and are proud and where just sitting back

Looking at ways to cut corners in china... I'm very saddened by this and it's effects us all.

My two co workers whom are from china said.do not buy it if its made in china and there both from there they also

Told me some very scary stuff and you wouldn't trust any product made there.

Sorry for the rant but you probable wont be hearing from me for a while

I wish you all happiness

Bongofury

Sorry to hear about your problems with the Budakon.

I would have returned it and got another.

I went through 3 different ES-355s before I accepted the one I finally kept. (went through Guitar Center. Had them send them to the store. I would go and examine each one. If there were flaws, they sent it back and ordered a new one. Better than the hassle I'd returning them myself.)

Now my 62 Sheraton Reissue was a different story. Pristine out of the box first time. Totally a different experience.

Yeah, you will get some duds comming out of the factories. Does not mean you have to keep them or let it frustrate you.Just get a new one.

Told me some very scary stuff and you wouldn't trust any product made there.

Sorry for the rant but you probable wont be hearing from me for a while

I wish you all happiness

Bongofury

mmmhh.... He makes ME and the forum feel guilty...:-k

I don't know am I over reacting?????

The reason I can't send it back is

It was a limited run of 1000 and they can't

Get anymore even if they wanted to...

I got one of the last remaining ones...

That someone else ordered but didn't take.

Any way I've calmed down and sending

The guitar in to the pick ring installed properly

And have a complete set up run through

Of the guitar. I really do like the guitar

Looks and the sound is my favorite

I guess I got more upset with the quality

Control thing....I will try post some picks

Thanks for the support

Bongofury

The music store is ordering the pick up ring for free and doing a full set up for free

So I'll let a professional do it hopefully he will fix the buzzing and nut also

Check everything else out that they missed at Q.C

So I can stop whining and start rockin

Thanks

Bongofury

Sorry for your issues. I bought a brand new in the box Epi Les Paul Jr TV yellow for $150. It arrived and was........ perfect. Intonation was dead on, action was perfect. All I did way tune it up and play. Then I modded it.

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/91918-epi-lp-junior-special-tv-yellow-keefered-up/page__p__1258223__hl__aoresteen__fromsearch__1#entry1258223

So if they can get the cheap stuff right they should be able to the expensive right as well.

Stand your ground and make Epiphone deliver. They can and will.

Good luck!

Archived