Gibson Brands Forums

Need Nick Lucas Size Montana Model in Natural

I am looking for a guitar this size, or close, just natural, rather than sunburst. I saw some ' Elite' models but haven't seen any available. Are these tough to find in a natural finish ?

Bottom line, that size could work for me, I'd just like a natural finish, and don't want to begin another wild goose chase if I can help it.

Thx

Dennis

I am looking for a guitar this size, or close, just natural, rather than sunburst. I saw some ' Elite' models but haven't seen any available. Are these tough to find in a natural finish ?

Bottom line, that size could work for me, I'd just like a natural finish, and don't want to begin another wild goose chase if I can help it.

Thx

Dennis

Did you check with Cream City Music up by you?

Thx

Dennis

In a word, yes. The Elite model was natural with a pearl border. They made few of them and that has been several years ago. I haven't seen one for sale in some time. The L20 is a similar guitar, deep body, but most often in rosewood. The Nick Lucas Elite had a maple body as most new Nick Lucas have. The L20 do come up for sale. The L00 or Blues King has the same footprint as a Nick Lucas though typically does not have a deep body. Gibson did make some with a natural finish top.

Terry

In a word, yes. The Elite model was natural with a pearl border. They made few of them and that has been several years ago. I haven't seen one for sale in some time. The L20 is a similar guitar, deep body, but most often in rosewood. The Nick Lucas Elite had a maple body as most new Nick Lucas have. The L20 do come up for sale. The L00 or Blues King has the same footprint as a Nick Lucas though typically does not have a deep body. Gibson did make some with a natural finish top.

Terry

Thanks Terry.

you can always order one from the custom shop .

if you are able to wait for it

Beg to differ. I just finished going through Gibson's Custom Shop build request process - meaning having to go to a dealer, who then relays the request to his Gibson Regional Rep. The request regarded their interest in building a duplicate of a '36 L-7, but 16 in. rather than 17. I got an 'absolutely not'. It never got to how long it'd take,nor did it get to how much. I don't really know what the Custom Shop does nor what they customize.

I just got the feeling when I went looking for a phone number anywhere, or contact anywhere, I found a lot of Divisions, Gibson Bozeman, Nashville, Custom Shop, but no phone numbers, and no sales offices........

Guess you gotta be a rock star and have your people call their people.......

MHO

JC

Archived