Gibson Brands Forums

Speaker thread...again

RowdyMoon

I know speakers have been discussed before but sometimes it is just easier to redo the topic than search for hours.....so much info online but I was wondering if anyone had first hand experience ( sound bites are restrictive in they are only as good as your puter speakers)...ok, the question....what celestion speaker in your opinion comes close to the old Fane speakers.

I'm just gonna say Vintage 30s are the best speakers in the universe and everybody who doesn't think so...

...has a different opinion.

I have 2 orange 1 12 cabs with Vintage 30's in them and love em...but was always curious to hear the Fanes ( in person of course)that I have heard so much about.

Guest Farnsbarns

I have 2 orange 1 12 cabs with Vintage 30's in them and love em...but was always curious to hear the Fanes ( in person of course)that I have heard so much about.

I had a 72 Vox AC30 which had 2 Fane speakers in it when I bought it. They were very nice tight speakers. I know nothing more about them other than being Fane.

The story of that amp is a tragedy.

Ive tried quite a lot of EV speakers and like them a lot. I know Joe Bonamassa uses them as well. Im saving up for a new cab with vintage 30's though. I think they would compliment the eminence stonehenge I have in my blackheart cab.

Having watched the vid,I have to say that I think that the Celestions sound much better overall.

I wasn't impressed by the JBL.I sold one which was a wreck,75% of the cone was missing,but I still got £83,,,,,around $125 for it.I think it was a DF120.

I also put 2 400watt Celestion PA 15 inchers into a Vox Foundation bass cab which had Eminence speakers in it.The difference was amazing.

Archived