Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD Epi Les Paul honeyburst

cdouglas

New to me at least. A 2011 with a sd 59 in bridge, 50s wiring and Grover tuners. Future plans are a sd 59 in neck and Jimmy Page wiring. I am very hit and miss on lp necks and this has a great one. This is my 2nd Epi, joining an es-339 i got last summer.

New to me at least. A 2011 with a sd 59 in bridge, 50s wiring and Grover tuners. Future plans are a sd 59 in neck and Jimmy Page wiring. I am very hit and miss on lp necks and this has a great one. This is my 2nd Epi, joining an es-339 i got last summer.

Dude, sweet axe! I love Honeyburst finishes and looks like a nice flame on that one. [thumbup] Thanks for sharing. I just got my honeyburst earlier this week and I can't stop staring at it.

I hardly play the Ibanez or the Charvel anymore, I've owned them since like 1987 and just haven't let them go. More sentimental I guess.

Those pair do interest me a lot. MIJ '80s metal guitars are highly sought after and excellent quality. You are a lucky man, IMO.

Well, you can sell them and get yourself another Epiphone then .

If he sold the pair, it would fund a reasonably priced Gibson. Personally, I think each one is on par with a Gibson so far as craftsmanship and playability goes.

The JP system is nice, especially in an LP. '59's are very good PU's, but...they can be bassy/boomy in thick mahogany (i.e. LP's). Some guys solve this by putting in an A4 magent. One of the best PAF's you can get, at any price, are Seth's from Seymour Duncan. Seymour actually worked with Seth Lover (the guy at Gibson who invented humbuckers), so they're as authentic as you can get. Unpotted and unbalanced coils give them a true vintage sound; 3D, open and airy.

Archived