Gibson Brands Forums

The Last of the New SG61 RI Satin at MF for $629

Johnnytuinals

Seems that MF,GC,WWBW and Music123 are discounting all their

SG61 RI Satin guitars for $629 today.(think they are all sold out within a few hours}

I bought a Ebony SG 61 Satin a few months ago for $640 and

thought that it was a very good price but I felt that the least of the guitars I wanna play.

I was not interested in buying another SG61 until WWBW gave me a Extra 15% off

for $535.

Over all If I don't use it I can always give it as a gift......JT

I agree

Now I will have a Cherry along with my Ebony.(didnot really want another SG61 but how could I have passed on the $535}

I thought MF,music123 and all the others had tons of these guitars,,,guess I was wrong.

Would like too know if anyone else happen to get one with the 15% off at WWBW since

they were the only ones that were giving the extra 15% off.........JT

Updated

I think they are sold out but here is the link.....

http://www.guitarcenter.com/-i2333575.gc?source=4WBZ4DS

• 2 weeks later...

I agree

Now I will have a Cherry along with my Ebony.(didnot really want another SG61 but how could I have passed on the $535}

I thought MF,music123 and all the others had tons of these guitars,,,guess I was wrong.

Would like too know if anyone else happen to get one with the 15% off at WWBW since

they were the only ones that were giving the extra 15% off.........JT

Updated

I think they are sold out but here is the link.....

http://www.guitarcenter.com/-i2333575.gc?source=4WBZ4DS

such a great price again.

According to that link and as of today, 6/6/13' they appear to be in stock and also available in stores.

"AVAILABLE IN STORES – Click Add to Cart for store pick-up and shipping options."

These are the advertised online pre-discount if any prices:

WORN CHERRY: $529.99

SATIN EBONY: $599.99

WORN BROWN: $1,099.99

Makes No sense that Guitar Center still has them and

Music123 and MF does not?

But whatever,if you still can get one I would waste NO time.

I would buy a Brown one but cost too much and also would buy another Cherry

that they have for $529 but know I will not need a 3rd one.

Good luck too all that will buy one...........JT

Seems that MF,GC,WWBW and Music123 are discounting all their

SG61 RI Satin guitars for $629 today.(think they are all sold out within a few hours}

I bought a Ebony SG 61 Satin a few months ago for $640 and

thought that it was a very good price but I felt that the least of the guitars I wanna play.

I was not interested in buying another SG61 until WWBW gave me a Extra 15% off

for $535.

Over all If I don't use it I can always give it as a gift......JT

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! #-o

I work for the company, and need to wait a little while longer before I can use my company discount. Don't go telling everyone about the deals before I am ready to buy!

[laugh]

Thanks for posting this (and bumping the post).

Last week I got one of the last two worn cherry satins from GC, and it got delivered Friday.

I had my heart set on a 2013 SG Standard, but I just got too good a deal to pass up.

Shipped for $499.99, plus tax. (It was $529.99, but they knocked off $30 for a couple small scratches near the input jack. The scratches are barely noticeable.)

I had been strumming around on an acoustic for years when my wife bought me an Epiphone Les Paul Special II for my birthday last year. She inspired me to take lessons and really learn the instrument. Things are going pretty well, but I know this is going to be a lifelong process. I was saving up to buy a "big boy" guitar after a I had played for a year or so. I've been doing my homework and playing lots of guitars in the shops. The SG just fits what I need (tone, neck access, weight, character). I've only been taking lessons 4 months, but at this price I couldn't pass it up.

We have our second baby on the way, so I figured I could forego the shiny finish for a fantastic SG for the price.

Now that I have played it, I realize what a steal it was. Man, this is a beautiful piece of art/machinery.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Thanks for posting this (and bumping the post).

Last week I got one of the last two worn cherry satins from GC, and it got delivered Friday.

I had my heart set on a 2013 SG Standard, but I just got too good a deal to pass up.

Shipped for $499.99, plus tax. (It was $529.99, but they knocked off $30 for a couple small scratches near the input jack. The scratches are barely noticeable.)

I had been strumming around on an acoustic for years when my wife bought me an Epiphone Les Paul Special II for my birthday last year. She inspired me to take lessons and really learn the instrument. Things are going pretty well, but I know this is going to be a lifelong process. I was saving up to buy a "big boy" guitar after a I had played for a year or so. I've been doing my homework and playing lots of guitars in the shops. The SG just fits what I need (tone, neck access, weight, character). I've only been taking lessons 4 months, but at this price I couldn't pass it up.

We have our second baby on the way, so I figured I could forego the shiny finish for a fantastic SG for the price.

Now that I have played it, I realize what a steal it was. Man, this is a beautiful piece of art/machinery.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Lucky you, I have one in Ebony, I also have a RI and the faded is just as nice and the Baked Maple board gives it a little more snap. I would have grab'd it too.

Archived