Gibson Brands Forums

Any NASCAR fans on the forum?

brc

The Daytona race got started over 4 hours late last night due to rain, but me being a die hard I waited and watched it

But the last lap just as Dale Jr. crossed the finish line for the win, Austin Dillons car was turned and actually flew upside down over two lanes of traffic into the catch fence.

Car was completely destroyed even knocking the engine out of the car.

If you get a chance to watch the clip, it is an amazing wreck and proves the durability of the newer cars racing on the high speed tracks today.

Guest Farnsbarns

I like right hand bends in my motor racing.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'll have to try to find that clip.

I'm with Farns, it's not real racing unless you're turning left AND right. And when, oh when, will Crashcar get rid of those damned restrictor plates? They'd rather see 43 cars running nose to tail, side by side, for 200 laps, waiting for "the big one" than enjoy actual racing, where you have to do a little more than plant your right foot and hope no one spins in front of you. And before all you roundy round guys start flaming, I've raced cars for over 20 years, so know a "little bit" about what I'm talking about.

Just about any type of racing, and I am either there or watching it on the boob tube.

Dillon did walk away from the crash , but damn, it was a good one.

I do hate the restrictor plate races though, so I can't say I am fond of those.

To me all it really did was for the teams that can not afford all of the wind tunnel tests and the real high dollar engines, it just made it more of an even playing field.

About 5 years ago, I went out to Fontana and ran the Petty cars.

Not cheap for only 30 laps, but was great.

Had a blast and would do it again in a minute if my left hand was not fu--- up.

I am still using my IPad so I can not copy/paste a link to the race last night, but if you would like to see it, just "Google" Daytona race 07/05/2015

I'm with Farns, it's not real racing unless you're turning left AND right. And when, oh when, will Crashcar get rid of those damned restrictor plates? They'd rather see 43 cars running nose to tail, side by side, for 200 laps, waiting for "the big one" than enjoy actual racing, where you have to do a little more than plant your right foot and hope no one spins in front of you. And before all you roundy round guys start flaming, I've raced cars for over 20 years, so know a "little bit" about what I'm talking about.

Tell that to Dario Franchitti, Juan Montoya, Sam Hornish & many more who where successful in open wheel racing, but failed in NASCAR.

I can't stand NASCAR anymore either, but it's not due to driving in circles. It's all the different rule changes they sometime even make during the season.

I gave up on NASCAR when the Chase started.

1436233274[/url]' post='1673679']

Tell that to Dario Franchitti, Juan Montoya, Sam Hornish & many more who where successful in open wheel racing, but failed in NASCAR.

I can't stand NASCAR anymore either, but it's not due to driving in circles. It's all the different rule changes they sometime even make during the season.

I gave up on NASCAR when the Chase started.

Good point.Anyone that thinks it is easy to drive in an oval with a pack of 20 or more cars going between 160 to 200 mph for 400 laps sadly mistaken, you have to have a freakishly large bladder or really good diapers too. msp_scared.gif

1436237263[/url]' post='1673693']

Good point.Anyone that thinks it is easy to drive in an oval with a pack of 20 or more cars going between 160 to 200 mph for 400 laps sadly mistaken, you have to have a freakishly large bladder or really good diapers too. msp_scared.gif

Ha ha, I agree! eusa_wall.gif At those speeds, it only takes a very narrow split second making a mistake of wrecking your car and putting you out of the race. Myself, I don't follow circle track much but used to Drag Race the NHRA. Last car was a 72 Dodge Colt built like a Pro Stock and for a Hemi but my partner talked me in going all Chevy powered in it. We raced it at several Drag Strips in Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota, and Kansas City. Those were the days!msp_biggrin.gif

Archived