• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

High tailpiece and wrong neck angle?

#41 User is offline   pippy 

• Group: Members
  • LocationLondon, U.K.

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:51 AM

View Postrct, on 18 July 2017 - 08:22 AM, said:

...The preferences themselves are enough, they don't need anything more, just their experience that says Hey, I like it like This...

Posted Image

Pip.

#42 User is offline   Golden 

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:51 AM

Its true you can go just play your guitar, however when your not playing you may have questions like the OP? And this may be the first time you thought of any of this since 1977 however thats not true with others obviously.

Whats the point just play and dont worry, everyone gets that but the fact remains some simply have questions that actually have answers.

#43 User is offline   Golden 

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:01 AM

View Postrct, on 18 July 2017 - 08:34 AM, said:

Anybody that is thinking about that stuff whilst ballz deep in some good old arena rock should take up golf or something.

rct

The operative words being "whilst ballz deep", in whatever kind of music pretty much nonsequitur imho, your not typing and talking whilst balls deeps in anything, in anything at the moment but another attempted point of what? Perhaps you should pay no attention as you have and suggest and when your not playing too.

#44 User is offline   MichaelT 

• Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
  • LocationSomewhere in Kentucky

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:07 AM

View PostGolden, on 18 July 2017 - 08:51 AM, said:

Its true you can go just play your guitar, however when your not playing you may have questions like the OP? And this may be the first time you thought of any of this since 1977 however thats not true with others obviously.

Whats the point just play and dont worry, everyone gets that but the fact remains some simply have questions that actually have answers.

That's true. I'd welcome an answer or opinion from someone I know has experience. But, after all, we're just usernames on an internet forum and we may or may not know what we're talking about. Maybe we don't even really play. Opinions and answers on a forum are sometimes helpful until people have differing opinions and answers. That's when I'd recommend taking the guitar to someone who works on them for a living and get their opinion and find out the facts. People on the internet certainly don't know who I am or if I can even play.

I think the original poster's question was answered though and this thread isn't being very useful any more if people are going to argue (or whatever you call it) over preferences and opinions which may or may not be based on experience and which may or may not be based on fact. I know how I like my guitars and I'd put them up against any other in the world.

#45 User is offline   rct 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSouthern New Jersey

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:13 AM

View PostGolden, on 18 July 2017 - 09:01 AM, said:

The operative words being "whilst ballz deep", in whatever kind of music pretty much nonsequitur imho, your not typing and talking whilst balls deeps in anything, in anything at the moment but another attempted point of what? Perhaps you should pay no attention as you have and suggest and when your not playing too.

Well I wasn't talking to you Einstein, perhaps it is you that should pay less attention.

rct

#46 User is offline   Golden 

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:28 AM

View Postrct, on 18 July 2017 - 09:13 AM, said:

Well I wasn't talking to you Einstein, perhaps it is you that should pay less attention.

rct

Doesnt matter who you are talking to I'm talking clearly to you, politely and directly, and yes I noticed the name calling and the indirect passive aggressive behavior I guess since you have nothing else to contribute or discuss thats the expert distinction where you now become more direct to what end? Please dont call me anything other than whats desired. Its childish.

#47 User is offline   Golden 

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:30 AM

View PostMichaelT, on 18 July 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

That's true. I'd welcome an answer or opinion from someone I know has experience. But, after all, we're just usernames on an internet forum and we may or may not know what we're talking about. Maybe we don't even really play. Opinions and answers on a forum are sometimes helpful until people have differing opinions and answers. That's when I'd recommend taking the guitar to someone who works on them for a living and get their opinion and find out the facts. People on the internet certainly don't know who I am or if I can even play.

I think the original poster's question was answered though and this thread isn't being very useful any more if people are going to argue (or whatever you call it) over preferences and opinions which may or may not be based on experience and which may or may not be based on fact. I know how I like my guitars and I'd put them up against any other in the world.

True I agree 100%.

#48 User is offline   sbpark 

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:53 AM

Wow, so after all the insane back and forth between some members on this thread I came to the conclusion that my guitar is just fine, and some of you guys take this way too seriously! Thanks to those like RCT that gave some helpful and real-world info. Much appreciated!

#49 User is offline   MichaelT 

• Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
  • LocationSomewhere in Kentucky

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:57 AM

View Postsbpark, on 18 July 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

Wow, so after all the insane back and forth between some members on this thread I came to the conclusion that my guitar is just fine, and some of you guys take this way too seriously! Thanks to those like RCT that gave some helpful and real-world info. Much appreciated!

Sorry that no one made any popcorn for you in the midst of the intermission, aka all the other stuff. Hope all is well with your guitar and that you get many years of playing out of it. [thumbup]

#50 User is offline   rct 

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:59 AM

View Postsbpark, on 18 July 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

I'm just returning the gobs of stuff I get from you acoustic mavens that I read a lot of. Thanks right back!

rct

#51 User is offline   sbpark 

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:53 PM

View Postrct, on 18 July 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

I'm just returning the gobs of stuff I get from you acoustic mavens that I read a lot of. Thanks right back!

rct

Yep, pretty much came to the conclusion that all of these preferences and opinions are just that...preferences and opinions and there's nothing wrong with the guitar fro a manufacturing/ fit and finish perspective. Some like things one way, others seem to have VERY strong opinions about what they hypothesize is the right way and is the ONLY right way with no real proof to substantiate it, even though they seem very passionate that their way is the only way. Personally, I'll side with those who say I've been doing it this way for 30 years and have had no ill-effects. That works for me. Simple and to the point!

#52 User is offline   rct 

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:09 PM

View Postsbpark, on 18 July 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

Yep, pretty much came to the conclusion that all of these preferences and opinions are just that...preferences and opinions and there's nothing wrong with the guitar fro a manufacturing/ fit and finish perspective. Some like things one way, others seem to have VERY strong opinions about what they hypothesize is the right way and is the ONLY right way with no real proof to substantiate it, even though they seem very passionate that their way is the only way. Personally, I'll side with those who say I've been doing it this way for 30 years and have had no ill-effects. That works for me. Simple and to the point!

Good deal.

And to be fair, I prolly did come on a little strong to Mr. Golden in front of everyone in the room, so I'll apologize for coming on too strong, Mr. Golden, in front of everyone in the room. It's only guitars, no need to go gettin all jiggy and such.

rct

#53 User is offline   Golden 

• Advanced Member

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:19 AM

Oh I didnt expect an apology rct, but a thank you I suppose is in order, so Thank You, Mr is not required, I see you can also be quite a charming individual when you want to be..

Nevertheless imo the thread very quickly addressed the often asked questions with the set neck angle and other related issues inherent to the history of it, thats a good thing. Same questions usually comes up quite naturally and in a short read anyone can read further, add, elaborate, ask questions, whatever, just go play. I look forward to simply adding the thread when the same question comes up in relation to the same point. Imo it simply places a good deal of information to the often asked and rightly so questions and inquiry into perceived issues in a short read. All good, have a great day and thanks again!

#54 User is offline   kidblast 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationCentral Mass (U.S.A.)

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:52 AM

as a spectator, and one who considers RCT a pal, and btw I "get" his take on things and usually find that I agree with him, I found this a very entertaining read! I'm glad it ended amicably, we're all more or less, slices off the same loaf of bread here.
/Ray

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users