Gibson Brands Forums

2008 Gibson Homecoming ***June 12, 13, 14, 2008***

guitarstrummer

Has anyone started to prepare their song (s) for the Open Mics yet? I think the hardest part is trying to decide which song to play that won't make people want to run out the door.

I just listened to some of the songs that were recorded last year and it really brought back memories.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just found out that although we can't do a webcast' date=' we might be able to get the Goodyear Blimp to do a fly over. Would that work? [/quote']

Depends. Can they take some video, then beam it back to ESPN? If they can do that, I have access to ESPN's satellite's.

(I work in TV so accessing their Sat. is easy) Then, yeah that would be sufficient. Thanks.

Save up your money and join us next year.

It has nothing to do with money, but everthing to do with distance and time. I usually take my RV when I travel as I prefer not to fly. I am so booked during those weeks that I won't have enough lead or return travel time to make it. The good news is I have a good deal of guitar event destinations this year. Just wish i could have made this one.

It has nothing to do with money' date=' but everthing to do with distance and time. I usually take my RV when I travel as I prefer not to fly. I am so booked during those weeks that I won't have enough lead or return travel time to make it. The good news is I have a good deal of guitar event destinations this year. Just wish i could have made this one. [/quote']

Keep it in mind for next year. I do understand the distance/time problem, though. We do have people attending from North Carolina, Virginia and Hawaii, but they're all flying.

There are a lot of things to see in the Bozeman area. You ought to bring your RV and make a vacation out of it. If you haven't been to Yellowstone, it's only a stone's throw away from Bozeman.

There are a lot of things to see in the Bozeman area. You ought to bring your RV and make a vacation out of it. If you haven't been to Yellowstone' date=' it's only a stone's throw away from Bozeman.[/quote']

That's a good point. My wife and I have talked about finally making a trip out that way, and no better reason to plan one than for a Gibson gathering tied into it! I'll definetly mark my calendar... We planned out this year's RV travels last year as some locations book up fast that we like to attend. I also have to get the obligatory infield RV Nascar events in too with my son. So much to do, so little time to do it.

We took our fifth wheel last year and had a great time. We spent 2 1/2 days at Yellowstone before going on up to Bozeman for Homecoming. There is a nice KOA, that we stayed at while we were in Bozeman. The Homecoming is a great event and Bozeman and the people there are great! You surely would not regret going :-)

'EXTRA, EXTRA, FRESH OFF THE PRESS"

We are going to try and set a new world record this year by having 100,000 people playing "Louie Louie" in a stadium at the Homecoming, all on Gibson acoutic guitars. Well, we won't have quite that many and it won't be in a stadium, but we're going to give it a shot anyway.

All those who have registered, check your e-mail for details.

Only a few more days left to register, if you're still interested in attending. The following is a list of the planned events:

Wednesday, June 11th:

Reception for Early Arrivals

Thursday, June 12th:

Meet and Greet

History of Gibson Presentation by Bill Gonder of Gibson Montana

Supper at Montana Ale Works

Special Event TBA at Music Villa

Friday, June 13th:

Group Photo

Tour of Gibson Montana Facility

Tour Question and Answer Session

Selecting the Perfect Guitar Clinic by Bill Gonder

Basic Guitar Set Up Clinic by Marcus Engstrom of Music Villa

Tonal Comparison Experiment of Natural Finish vs. Sunburst Finish

Group Photo With Gibson Guitars

Group Performance of "Louie Louie"

Display and Play Personal Guitars and Socialize

Open Mic

Saturday, June 14th:

Acoustic Guitar Amps, Selection, Features, and Use Clinic by Jerry Mullen of Music Villa

Custom Shop Design, Materials, and Inlays Clinic by Ren Ferguson of Gibson Montana

Pick and String Exchange

Open Mic

Display and Play Personal Guitars and Socialize

In my younger days I used to camp out in a lot of really bad weather. I remember once camping out in the Rockies and taking one of my daughters when she was only a baby. She slept between my wife and I and it snowed about two feet that night (spring snow storm). The top of the tent was nearly down to ground level by morning, but we stayed warm all night. The nice thing about the Rockies is that it warmed up enough the next day so we could go fishing.

Only five more weeks, in case anyone's lost count of the days. :D/

Hopefully everyone has already reserved their room at the Gran Tree by now. But if not, I understand that they are now all booked up, at least for the regular rooms. There may be a suite or two still available under our reserved block of rooms though.

For any "first timers" this year, make sure you bring your cameras, as there will be plenty of things to photograph. Last year, Roxygirl was able to take a picture of a moose walking through the parking lot of the Gran Tree. At first, I thought it might have just been Spacepup playing a joke, dressed up in a moose costume. But after closer examination, it was actually a moose. By the way, don't ever try to tug on the hide of a moose and acuse it of being Spacepup. They get very angry. #-o

And if you hear a crow in the parking lot of the Gran Tree' date=' DUCK.

And I do mean DUCK.

S.O.B. came after me more than once.[/quote']

I suppose that's better than hearing a duck and then having to crow!

Only four weeks from today and let the fun begin!!

Archived