Gibson Brands Forums

how much could i sell this sg for?

ps25814

okay guys in a=April i got a Gibson SG standard 2010 white finish with burstbuckers and coil taps, and its a limited edition. first of all will this go up in value? second of all the price for it is 1300, could i sell it for that much? and i need to mention that it is in great condition as well. i love this guitar, but it wouldn't hurt to know these things just in case. thanks in advance!

click on the picture and im sorry that i dont have a pic of the headstock

th_012.jpg

[url=http://s935.photo

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-SG-Standard-with-Coil-Taps-Electric-Guitar-105474654-i1476657.gc

if it becomes collectable..yes. however. it left the store' date=' it starts to devalue. take it to guitar center and see what they will give you. it prolly wont be list or what they sell them for.[/quote']

Sorry man, but taking it to Guitar Center is a horrible idea. They will give you a quarter of what its worth if your lucky and the guy working that day is feeling extra generous. [lol]

Don't ever sell a guitar at guitar center unless you need the money immediately and you can't just sell it yourself or if you're cool with getting about half of the money you could get elsewhere.

If you want to see what they typically go for used take a look at eBay. The best way to sell IMO is craigslist. No fees or taxes or shipping. Craigslist is a great way to buy also.

Guys looking to buy a used intrument want a deal, so I don't think you're gonna come close to getting your money back in the short term. If you hang on to it for a while (5+ years), keeping it in good condition, it's got some nice features - coil taps, ebony fretboard - so you might come closer to your purchase price selling it used. Of course that also depends on where the used guitar market goes.

At any rate, you got a great STD. Congrats. [biggrin]

If u keep it for 5 years in good condition u may well get nearly all your money back as the new price goes up

An example hear in the UK .....

4 years ago Gibson SG Standard was £750 now £999

4 years ago Gibson Les Paul Standard was £1299 now £1800, second hand Les Pauls now sell for about £1100

Archived