Gibson Brands Forums

Another good artical

ajsc

Interesting article. I am not really sure how the Taylor 12 string was selected over a Guild or Gibson (which would be my preference) but I still think the article is well researched and filled with appropriate selections.

Personally, I would have liked to see a tenor guitar in the group because that instrument played a big role in switching people and musical groups from the banjo to guitar just as the Martin OM did, but it is an interesting and informative article that rightly includes the Ramirez 1a as an important instrument.

Thanks for posting.

My favorite bit of trivia from the article was the naming convention for the J-200:

"Gibson quickly standardized the model and added the 200 designation to its name to signify its $200 price tag."

"In the model's first four years before World War II, Gibson shipped exactly 100 SJ-200s."

So when does the J-5,634 model come out?

My favorite bit of trivia from the article was the naming convention for the J-200:

"Gibson quickly standardized the model and added the 200 designation to its name to signify its $200 price tag."

"In the model's first four years before World War II' date=' Gibson shipped exactly 100 SJ-200.

[/quote']

If I'm not mistaken, that's how they named many of their models, by the original price tag.

"In the model's first four years before World War II, Gibson shipped exactly 100 SJ-200s."

$200, isn't that what Gibson would charge for the pickguard these days???

Archived