Gibson Brands Forums

Got any advice on this???? I am screwed.

Naradien

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep the Les Paul and save for an Explorer..... It's not the end of the world. Your dad spent over $2,500.00 dollars on you and you should be appreciative of that. You are being selfish and are willing to compromise your dads feelings as long as you get exactly what you want. Keep the LP, appreciate it, and play the hell out of it. Now if your dad bought you an ugly *** Parker Nitefly Guitar that might be another story (Those are ugly as hell)... lol

Some advice..

1. You are NOT screwed, but you may just end up screwing yourself.

2. Try before you buy: ANY guitar, but especially what you're contemplating.

3. You are not James Hetfield, you are not built like James Hetfield, you may not like the same guitar as James Hetfield for the previous reasons.

4. Don't tell people your dad bought it for you and you won't have to spend time justifying yourself further.

5. Play the guitar, cherish the gift it is from your dad (because it's a special one, boyo) and find your own sound.

Some advice..

1. You are NOT screwed' date=' but you may just end up screwing yourself.

3. You are not James Hetfield, you are not built like James Hetfield, you may not like the same guitar as James Hetfield for the previous reasons.

4. Don't tell people your dad bought it for you and you won't have to spend time justifying yourself further.

5. Play the guitar, cherish the gift it is from your dad (because it's a special one, boyo) and find your own sound.[/quote']

+a million

Naradien:

The Les Paul is a full-grown instrument and you're not (at the moment, sorry). Remember that you'll always sound like Naradien and not like somebody else.

Even if my grandmother or my 9 years old (annoying) neighbour kid would have played a Gibson Les Paul I wouldn't feel ashamed or bad that I play one too...cause I know we human are all unique and have our own personal story to tell on a guitar (even the 9 years old kid), which is one of the greatest things in the world.

I'd keep the Les Paul definately.

Some advice..

3. You are not James Hetfield, [b']you are not built like James Hetfield[/b], you may not like the same guitar as James Hetfield for the previous reasons.

5. Play the guitar, cherish the gift it is from your dad (because it's a special one, boyo) and find your own sound.

If you think it's not physically, actually I am 6 '1 , but mentally, I probably are not

Some advice..

5. Play the guitar, cherish the gift it is from your dad (because it's a special one, boyo) and find your own sound.[/quote']

Dude seriously,I like Explorers too, don't get me wrong they're fun as hell to play, but nothing and I mean NOTHING beats the sound of a Les Paul. They're tradition man, yeah James Hetfield has an Explorer, however you see him using his Les Paul more often than his Explorer.

Naradien:

The Les Paul is a full-grown instrument and you're not (at the moment' date=' sorry). Remember that you'll always sound like Naradien and not like somebody else.

Even if my grandmother or my 9 years old (annoying) neighbour kid would have played a Gibson Les Paul I wouldn't feel ashamed or bad that I play one too...cause I know we human are all unique and have our own personal story to tell on a guitar (even the 9 years old kid), which is one of the greatest things in the world.

I'd keep the Les Paul definately.[/quote']

+1000000, you can rock the same gear the as James, picks, pickups, cables, pedals, all that jazz, but in the end you'll always be Naradien, because you have your own style.

When I was 14 I had a similar problem. By Dad bought me a used Fender Squier Strat, but I really wanted a Les Paul Custom. I wanted to ask him to return it and get me the Les Paul, but never did. I still regret it to this day.

Gee, you being "screwed" that way sure sucks! I'm glad the only things I have to worry about are mortgages, taxes, phone bills, car payments, insurance, the rising unemployment rate, and other such trivial issues. I think I'll get someone to buy me a $2500 guitar so I can feel your pain](*,)

You've been given some great advice here, and we'll all thrilled for you that you got a Les Paul. Its a big deal and an honor to own and play one. Seriously, your dad must love you something powerful to buy you the best guitar money can buy.

So, save your own money or work for another guitar like the Explorer, but trust me as a 40 year old guy with kids, your dad loves you a lot and it meant the world to him to buy that for you. He must be very proud of you. Tell him thanks, give him a big hug and kiss and tell him you love him. Then rock on with that Les Paul, and wait for the Explorer another day.

If you think it's not physically' date=' actually I am 6 '1 , but mentally, I probably are not

[/quote']

boo who nedz a gay lp when u can have the xplorer. boo.

thnk about it, the lp has an n-ferier binded body, figred top, tone setup, awsum playbility, asymetrical nek, high qwalyti wood and a top(boo), bnded nek... boo. get the scrap wood w. strings!

no offense, and i really do mean it, but you really have no idea what you've got in an LP. you're 14, in a few years you'll understand that your les paul is an amazing piece of work. your friends will hate you for having it because they'll wish they had a les paul, and if they don't, you'll make friends who will.

so keep it. be happy. you've got something special and you're lucky to have a dad who cares so much.

Man not to be a **** but are we really still on about being screwed by getting a LES PAUL given to us. Sh*t I've been in the job market since July, and thanx to the economy I can't anything. Plus I'm leavin' for Florida in a month, and so yeah. Be grateful for having a Lester given to you. Save up and get the Explorer another day.

Archived