Gibson Brands Forums

Got any advice on this???? I am screwed.

Naradien

Actually Oilpit' date=' I've been a Metallica Fan since I was 10 ( Started guitar since I was 6), And I have played an explorer

and I really liked the agressive tone on it-it was great for metal.[/quote']

When you were 6, wow you must be a shredfactory.

BUT

Les Paul's beat explorer tone every day, ask James, he likes LPs better.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no offense but if you consider this screwed' date=' you're in for a tough haul kid.

Screwed? How about "blessed".

Sheesh....it must be the new math[/quote']

+1 If your biggest worry is how to tell your dad the $2,500 he just bought you isn't what you want, you got it good.

And another thing, you say explorers are great for metal, you know who uses one?

The freaking Edge from U2, it doesn't get much more un-metal than that....

Just some food for thought

I got a kick outta this thread! Solacematt/Thudergod/Axe you guys are freakin hilarious. This like comedy hour at the forum - 2 drink minimum. LOL. But, they're right. Keep the Les Paul. Take it from us Vets. You'll love that guitar for the rest of your life.

By the way, Axe, my sister has been asking about you. She says she's carrying your baby! LOL =P~

I believe I already shared my thoughts on this thread, but...

DON'T GET RID OF THE LES PAUL.

You're 14 and you got it for free? Sure, there are guys your age who own Gibsons... but they usually save up for them.. you know, elbow grease.

Don't be stupid. Really. I mean no offense, but keep the LP and save for the Explorer.

A lot of good comments here and you sound like a smart kid and will make the right decision. At 14 if the worst thing that has happened is your Les Paul isn't an Explorer you have a great life go so hug your parents and clean your room. There's only one first in many things in life including guitars so don't get rid of your first good guitar or you'll regret it later. Many players end up needing to sell gear to make a mortgage payment or keep a car etc. and that happens but keep the first as long as you can.

Good luck and keep up the hard work in school it really does pay off, just check out my avatar. Don't get discouraged by our comments weve all been there and will be again GAS is a disease that never seems to go away for many players and weve all chased the new guitar because of a sound were looking for, hell I bought a firebird the day after seeing Warren Haynes play one and wanting that sound. The firebird is great but for Warrens sound I still need the CD it's usually the player not the gear.

Sorry I came a little late, but I'd like to add that an LP would sell at a higher price than an Explorer. You can sell that '08 Les Paul Standard and get enough money to purchase an Explorer (For sure a Faded Explorer). That would be a stupid decision, but it's your guitar and your money. I can't tell you how many forum members covet your fortune.

Archived