Gibson Brands Forums

Show off your Acoustics!

Svet

Hey guys, it's that time of year again, thankfully! Warm weather means sitting on the porch with that acoustic, a frosty beverage and a cigar!! So show your flattops off! Here are mine:

Martin D-35, Martin 000-28, Little Martin LX-1E, Epiphone Masterbilt AJ 500r and a Washburn...

flattop2_zps4e3d426c.jpg

flattop3_zpsbe7d1cad.jpg

flattop1_zpsc047daed.jpg

Wow, beautiful guitars Guitarlight! I am drooling over that Martin and trying to figure out what model it is. We have similar tastes and I also love your sunburst finished Masterbilt too. I was too late to the game and all the sunburst MB were sold out when I tried. I usedto own the DR 500 ra as well but I sold her off due to lack of use. The MB guitars are a steal for the $

Picture754.jpg

Svet, thanks your guitars are just great too! That Masterbilt with the abalone laced top looks hot! And I love your Martins!~ My Martin in the picture is a J-40 And the guitars you see are from top left .. Masterbilt DR-500mce V/S.... Masterbilt AJ-500M....and on bottom....from bottom left...Masterbilt AJ-500R....Rainsong 100% Black Carbon Graphite DR-1100 .... Epiphone AJ-220sce V/S...and finally the Martin J-40 ...and yes your right! Masterbilts are utterly awesome! My three Masterbilts, I have to admit will pretty much hold their own with that expensive Martin too!

Epiphones

Top: Masterbilt AJ-500 RC 12-fret, Masterbilt AJ-500R, Masterbilt DR-500M, Elitist J-200

Bottom: Elitist Texan, Paul McCartney Texan (x2), EL-00

Not Shown: Masterbilt AJ-500M, EJ-160E

252xj.jpg

Gibsons

Top: J-160E Standatd (x-braced), J-160E Peace (ladder braced), Short-scale Maple Advanced Jumbo, Advanced Jumbo

Bottom: J-45 Custom Rosewood Vine, True Vintage Southern Jumbo, True Vintage J-45, Fuller's 1939 J-35 Reissue, J-185 Custom Vine

Not Shown: 1942 J-45 Legend

227ii.jpg

Red 333

Svet, thanks your guitars are just great too! That Masterbilt with the abalone laced top looks hot! And I love your Martins!~ My Martin in the picture is a J-40 And the guitars you see are from top left .. Masterbilt DR-500mce V/S.... Masterbilt AJ-500M....and on bottom....from bottom left...Masterbilt AJ-500R....Rainsong 100% Black Carbon Graphite DR-1100 .... Epiphone AJ-220sce V/S...and finally the Martin J-40 ...and yes your right! Masterbilts are utterly awesome! My three Masterbilts, I have to admit will pretty much hold their own with that expensive Martin too!

Awesome!! Hey Red!! How are you?? Always drool over your collection too!

My first post here in the Gibson forums. I'm a regular at another forum, but I love Epiphone instruments - they are very high quality, especially for the price, and very practical for day-to-day use. The other forum laughs at Epi (I guess if you don't spend a million USD for a guitar you're not in the "in" crowd lol). Here's my two current guitars. The EJ-200ce is the second EJ-200 I've owned. The first one was a Samick from Korea in about 2003 with the lammy top. This one was made in October 2012 and is a Samick Indonesia with the solid spruce top. It is a monster, great full sound. The blue guitar as an AEL Jumbo from Ibanez, solid flamed maple on the top, a real workhorse. The sound is of course not as good as the spruce EJ, but it's a very dependable instrument. I play in church bands and the occasional coffee house or outreach concert.

post-56700-081005500 1367842404_thumb.jpgpost-56700-023856500 1367842431_thumb.jpg

My first post here in the Gibson forums. I'm a regular at another forum, but I love Epiphone instruments - they are very high quality, especially for the price, and very practical for day-to-day use. The other forum laughs at Epi (I guess if you don't spend a million USD for a guitar you're not in the "in" crowd lol). Here's my two current guitars. The EJ-200ce is the second EJ-200 I've owned. The first one was a Samick from Korea in about 2003 with the lammy top. This one was made in October 2012 and is a Samick Indonesia with the solid spruce top. It is a monster, great full sound. The blue guitar as an AEL Jumbo from Ibanez, solid flamed maple on the top, a real workhorse. The sound is of course not as good as the spruce EJ, but it's a very dependable instrument. I play in church bands and the occasional coffee house or outreach concert.

post-56700-081005500 1367842404_thumb.jpgpost-56700-023856500 1367842431_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the Epi Forum! Bravo to you Stringbreaker...I know ALL ABOUT ,that "OTHER FORUM" who think their high priced instruments are better..they are not. Your guitar is great...and no you don't need to spend (waste) $3000 to get a decent instrument. Epiphone has proved that!

Most Forum members have seen these before, but I can't pass up an opportunity to share my love for these 3 little beauties.

They're FT-45 Cortez models; the 2 honey-bursts from 1963, the natural from 1966.

Nice looking instruments. I like the natural . . .

First, what else but an Epiphone - a 1956 FT-79

L1000869_zps9534e809.jpg

1963 Gibson B45-12

005_zpsaa1a3bd2.jpg

1930s Oscar Schmidt-made jumbo

Regal-6-2_zpsc89ef48d.jpg

1946 Gibson LG-2

006-1.jpg

1957 Kay-built Silvertone Jumbo

L1000857_zps928f92df.jpg

1942 Gibson J-50. Presently in the shop getting a decent pickguard and bridge.

012-1.jpg

L1000792.jpg

When did you get that tasty J-50?

Red 333

I have had it for a while but although playable it was in nasty condition. The back was splitting open at the seam cracking one of the back braces and somebody had dumped alot of glue in there to try and keep it together. Looked like a glue pot literally exploded in it. The pickguard looks like it came off a Yamaha. Not sure where the bridge came from.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived