Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - ES-335

badbluesplayer

I had to get rid of my '07 ES-339 and nearly new How'd this get in there? '13 SG to get it. It was made in late '11 and it's been mellowing out in the case at a store in Asheville NC for a year or so. Music City was super nice to deal with.

The guitar is great and it was only hanging on the wall for a few weeks. Super playable and really nice sounding. I great guitar in all regards. Impeccable workmanship. Perfect neck - just how I like it. It has that badaxx low end snarl. It breaks up at the slightest provocation. I practically have to mop up the slobber that's all over the place from this thing.

DSC_0009_zpsd310ae84.jpg

DSC_0013_zps853af414.jpg

DSC_0005_zpsb81f5e30.jpg

[biggrin]

Here's a quick video of the new 335 -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsMr1_bFlyY

Wow, seems to match your sound and style perfectly - congrats, great buy and nice play! [thumbup]

Does the title of the composition go around particular sulphur springs? It makes me remember a vacation in Canada twenty years ago. I have seen and smelled some sulphur springs that time in Alberta and British Columbia. My spouse and me were young in love then, and since three months we are divorced.

Wow, seems to match your sound and style perfectly - congrats, great buy and nice play! [thumbup]

Does the title of the composition go around particular sulphur springs? It makes me remember a vacation in Canada twenty years ago. I have seen and smelled some sulphur springs that time in Alberta and British Columbia. My spouse and me were young in love then, and since three months we are divorced.

Sulphur Springs is the community where I live. Here's my house -

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=430+Elmer+Walker+Road,+Jonesborough,+TN&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x885a8a84aad99d35:0xc37b167147e8361,430+Elmer+Walker+Rd,+Jonesborough,+TN+37659&gl=us&ei=GyFIUqT1K_e14APVq4CYDw&ved=0CCkQ8gEwAA

If you zoom into the "A" symbol it shows exactly where my amps sit in my shop. Cool!! :lol:

What are you referring to? Your 335 is contoured isnt it?

Think it's the same problem as with my Alex Lifeson Axcess Les Paul. It is in need of an unbeveled (but not a flat) neck pickup ring, too, since the top surface is fairly aligned with the strings around the neck pickup position.

... The guitar is great and it was only hanging on the wall for a few weeks. Super playable and really nice sounding. I great guitar in all regards. Impeccable workmanship. Perfect neck - just how I like it. It has that badaxx low end snarl. It breaks up at the slightest provocation. I practically have to mop up the slobber that's all over the place from this thing. ...

Careful . . . don't slip on the slobber. . B)

She's beautiful. The red with the bound fretboard and dot markers - love that look.

Congrats.

Your new guitar looks and sounds gorgeous!

BTW, what's the name of the store in Asheville? I'm a couple of hours away and may need to see what else is aging in a case there.

Hey Zack. Music City is the place in Asheville. They have a pretty good selection. Have fun!!

What are you referring to? Your 335 is contoured isnt it?

Yeah - the top of the guitar is pretty flat right near the neck. I just took a standard bridge pickup ring (which is thicker than the neck ring) and sanded it down until it was flat. I had done that before on the ES-339 that I had. You can sand it to whatever thickness and amount of bevel you need.

I always wondered why Gibson didn't have some flat rings around so when they make a $3,000.00 guitar they can put an appropriate pickup ring on there. :rolleyes:

Beautiful & Congrats!

I also have a late 2011 335 in the same color, but from there it differs a lot: P90s, ebony fretboard, gloss top w/satin back & sides, chrome tulip buttons, '60s neck profile. It was a GC special run.

The one thing that appears to be identical from that period is the workmanship!

Archived