Gibson Brands Forums

KONFUSED KAREN IN KALGARY

ol fred

Can't tell, least from here. I think she does play a Bird in a couple of cuts from the release vid.

With the staff people walking in and out of the video, I suspect it was never meant to be public, eh?

What that shows is that talented people don't need all kinds of gimics and effects to sound good.

I could listen to them all day!

That was awesome! I'm almost positive that isn't Kalgary. If it was I'd be a whole lot happier. I'm with Bob.... I think that's a HB. Funny how some songs lend themselves more to purely acoustic, and that is one of them I think. I can really appreciate a full wall of produced music, but sometimes the best is the least, if you know what I mean. I think I have to play that song now. The girl's vocals really added to it too! eusa_clap.gif

That was awesome! I'm almost positive that isn't Kalgary. If it was I'd be a whole lot happier. I'm with Bob.... I think that's a HB. Funny how some songs lend themselves more to purely acoustic, and that is one of them I think. I can really appreciate a full wall of produced music, but sometimes the best is the least, if you know what I mean. I think I have to play that song now. The girl's vocals really added to it too! eusa_clap.gif

I couldn't have said it better.

Yep, it's Grace I thought it was a great version even with the babble in the backround.

Sorry I didn't see the Bird at first...couldn't focus on anything but the legs [rolleyes]

I do believe that is Grace Potter playing with Kenny.

Good Stuff!

Yep, it's Grace I thought it was a great version even with the babble in the backround.

Sorry I didn't see the Bird at first...couldn't focus on anything but the legs [rolleyes]

HAHAHAHA... I mighta noticed them too.......

Jam Cruise?! Is that like it sounds? You float on boats and play guitars?[thumbup]

That's how I imagine it. At different harbors various stars and grand players step aboard or leave and over summer a terrific, half casual album, that never - due to unmixable contract obligations - sees the light of day, is recorded. Exceptional songs are written, musicians no one ever thought would blend, meet in higher spheres, lonely hearts find each-other while harmonizing and small music-babies are born.

Can I serve the tea. . .

That's how I imagine it. At different harbors various stars and grand players step aboard or leave and over summer a terrific, half casual album, that never - due to unmixable contract obligations - sees the light of day, is recorded. Exceptional songs are written, musicians no one ever thought would blend, meet in higher spheres, lonely hearts find each-other while singing harmony and small music-babies are born.

Can I serve the tea. . .

I'll follow you with the hors-dovres*. Do we have to wear little uniforms or anything? Cause I'd be willing to do that if I can cruise and play guitar.

*Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's spelled wrong

That's how I imagine it. At different harbors various stars and grand players step aboard or leave and over summer a terrific, half casual album, that never - due to unmixable contract obligations - sees the light of day, is recorded. Exceptional songs are written, musicians no one ever thought would blend, meet in higher spheres, lonely hearts find each-other while harmonizing and small music-babies are born.

Can I serve the tea. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkVedlqywJs

I'll follow you with the hors-dovres*. Do we have to wear little uniforms or anything? Cause I'd be willing to do that if I can cruise and play guitar.

*Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's spelled wrong

No particular dress-code for the players. Just leave your everyday wardrobe behind. The staff will wear burgundy colored robes and lightweight golden footwear ~

You G-girl, have a turquoise ribbon around your wrist that allows you to switch between all zones. . .

I have a picture of us around here somewhere....

Jam Cruise is the most incredible thing I've ever been apart of. There are incredible musicians: George Porter JR, the Funky Meters, a few Neville's, Les Claypool, and many, many other awesome musicians (lineup changes every year) that put on work shops, jams together, you'll even see them just hanging around the boat. There is music almost 24 hours a day for 5 days. It is the peak of hedonism and debauchery, and I use those terms with the utmost respect haha. I HIGHLY suggest it for anyone even slightly interested in music. http://www.jamcruise.com/2012/ Check out the lineup for this year [biggrin]

Did ya'll notice that Kenny honked up the bridge?

I'm not criticizing.... in fact, it makes me feel better 'bout my own playing!

I guess we all miss a chord change from time to time.

I did notice that! If you like videos where the artist screws up (and who doesn't like those) here's two that'll make you feel a bit better.....

Lucinda can't remember what key she's supposed to play the song in. And she even has a songbook in front of her! And Cat Stevens forgets the words to Bitter Blue..... twice!! Both playing Gibbys too (I think Cat has an Every Brothers but the pic is fuzzy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=artjAo-AJxo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkVcFoc71Uk

I did notice that! If you like videos where the artist screws up (and who doesn't like those) here's two that'll make you feel a bit better.....

Lucinda can't remember what key she's supposed to play the song in. And she even has a songbook in front of her! And Cat Stevens forgets the words to Bitter Blue..... twice!! Both playing Gibbys too (I think Cat has an Every Brothers but the pic is fuzzy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=artjAo-AJxo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkVcFoc71Uk

Yeah Cat screwed up lyrics a lot. He was a lot like John Lennon that way. That black Gibson IS an Everly Brothers. He played it in the "Father & Son" video from back in 1971. Later he played an SJ200 mostly. Even later an Ovation (for big concerts, it was the way to go in the 70's).

Can I serve the tea. . .

It is all sounding like a Grateful Dead Train Tour from 1970:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festival_Express

I read a book by GD's road manager - of course they nearly didn't make the train...

But the pictures of the actual Jam Cruise are nothing like that - it looks more 'Love Boat'

BluesKing777

Archived