Gibson Brands Forums

SJ200 Five Star Custom

insguy

I recently acquired a brand-spankin' new SJ200, Five Star Custom issue. This is a special deal - one was made available to each of the 26 Gibson Five Star Dealers throughout the U.S. and I just happened to show up at my local Five Star in time for this beauty to be available.

This is my first Gibson, and I'm told this Custom Shop model differs from the reqular SJ200s because it has quilt maple back & sides and comes with gold tone Grover Imperial tuners. All I know is that it plays and sounds like a dream, and my poor Martin D35 has been seriously neglected since.

I've searched on line to see if anyone else has admitted to purchasing any of the other 25, and have found nothing. So how about it...is anyone else at this forum a proud new owner of a new SJ200 Five Star?

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I realize that you first posted this in 2008 but I'm pleased to count myself as one of the other 26 owners of the five star quilted SJ200. I'll try to post some photos later. It would certainly be interesting to find the other 24 owners.

Best regards,

Larry J.

I finally got around to taking a few shots of my "new" SJ200 Quilt. Please excuse the quality of the photos, I realize that I haven't done justice to the beauty of this instrument.Its nice to know that there are at least two out there.I hope that other owners will find this thread and share their photos and experiences with us.ThanksLarry JSJ220Front.jpgSJ200Back2.jpgSJ220Back.jpgSJ220Neck.jpgSJ200RearHS.jpg

Archived