Gibson Brands Forums

Fretboard care

littlejohnny

I always recommend bronze wool rather than steel wool, to avoid rust specs. You can also use a Scotchbrite pad. I've also found emery boards (fingernail sanding boards) handy for working around the edges of the frets. It doesn't hurt to use a fine board cross-grain provided you finish up sanding with the grain. It actually helps keep the fretboard flat in the longitudinal plane between the frets, and can remove nascent ruts before they become a problem.

"nascent ruts" ....eh! You are da man Nick [thumbup] I like that terminolgy [wink]

I'm with you on that jedzep [thumbup] I think it may be a good name for a new Band,,,,,RetroRod and the Nascent Ruts....! What ya think [confused]

Sounds a bit risqué for someone of your conservative sensibilities, Rod. [biggrin]

Personally, I think it's a good name for a middle-aged grunge band.

Then apply a liberal amount of lemon oil.... [cursing]

Wow... I just noticed my status on the forum just became "Advanced Member"

I must have done something special... [razz] ( I know it is based on post count so I am still a newb)

Wow... I just noticed my status on the forum just became "Advanced Member"

I hate to tell you, but it doesn't take much to "advance" in this group.........

Just look at the people who hang out here......

Hazing! Don't ya' think all of our cornball jokes are punishment enough? Has anyone mentioned, as an advanced member with luthier skills, you are required on this forum to provide one free L00 neck reset on demand? Please send shipping address.

Archived