Gibson Brands Forums

Jeff Beck - Rockabilly

Kennis

jEFF bECK IS ONE OF THE GREATEST GUITAR PLAYERS EVER

No doubt. Though I will say this isn't my favorite side of him. Don't get me wrong. I appreciate that he acknowledges his influences, and he plays the stuff masterfully. I certainly enjoyed that. However, he plays it so straight that I don't hear a lot of Jeff in there. Those quirky things that make his playing so unique are not there.

Absolutely an awesome player, and master of several genre's. I just wish he'd wear shirts with sleeves LOL. Loved the Gretsch DuoJet too!

BTW, if you haven't seen the Les Paul Tribute video of JB and Imelda May doing "How High The Moon", treat yourself and visit YouTube. Close your eyes and you'll think it's Les and Mary.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks for posting, Kennis!

[thumbup]

I didn't like the singer all that much, but it's well worth a watch for the guitar tones alone [thumbup]

...if you haven't seen the Les Paul Tribute video of JB and Imelda May doing "How High The Moon", treat yourself and visit YouTube. Close your eyes and you'll think it's Les and Mary.

The singer in the clip is Darrel Higham who happens to be Imelda May's hubby and guitarist in her own band. He's backing Mr. Beck in the Les Paul Tribute DVD.

And +1 for the recommendation of the Tribute show. Genius.

Just for fun (and hopefully not too much of a thread de-rail) here's my favourite track from that show featuring (a long-sleeved!) Jeff Beck being more 'Jeff-like', Darrel not singing and Imelda doing what she does best...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nv9zJif2G8

P.

Archived