Gibson Brands Forums

Who has an Epi Les Paul '56?

Pin

Who else on here runs an Epi Les Paul 1956 Reissue?

I have just got hold of one via ebay. I have longed for (a long time) a guitar with P90s and finally couldn't resist the temptation.

For existing owners - how do you find the '56?

I have one of the ebony ones (can't deal with gold). Nice guitar, and the stock PU's are decent, but I ended up upgrading them. I think the best guitars for P-90's are LP's and SG's.

Since most P-90's use A5's, which are teh brighest magnet, bridge P-90's can be thin and bright. I like to put in an A8 and A4 to the bridge, to fill in the mids and dial down the treble. Gives a richer, fuller sound. Mags are only a couple bucks each, and only take a few minutes to change out.

I put a set of Guitar Fetish "Dream 180s" soapbars, and American electronics in mine, it sounds & plays great !

GarysCam163.jpg

P90's aren't everyone's cuppa tea ... and besides, these look KICKA$$!!! Nice job, Bender!

Jim

You put humbuckers's in a P-90 guitar? This is not going to go over well with the P-90 crowd.

i'll give my apologies when the crowd comes here and plays in my main environment, which is buzz city USA !!

there's a power transformer in my backyard (literally) and I installed a dedicated ground to our powerbox several years ago when we converted from cloth wire (1960 V.A. house) to Romex.

we also use 99% flourescent lighting and almost every circuit in the house has at least 1 ceiling fan running 24/7/365.

I like single coil p'ups, but the P90s in the GT buzzed worse than my Fender s/c's do.

Thanks for all your replies people.

I am looking forward to getting my mitts on this guitar. As I said, I have longed for a P90 guitar for a long, long time but have reminded myself recently just how great they can sound by viewing YouTube clips. And those stock Epi P90s sound pretty good to me. Me being me, I'll probably eventually switch 'em out for upmarket versions and rewire the git but I'll run with it as standard for a while at least.

Re Bender, at least I don't have all that hum inducing electric field where I am so probably won't get too much hum problem (I hope!.

i'll give my apologies when the crowd comes here and plays in my main environment, which is buzz city USA !!

there's a power transformer in my backyard (literally) and I installed a dedicated ground to our powerbox several years ago when we converted from cloth wire (1960 V.A. house) to Romex.

we also use 99% flourescent lighting and almost every circuit in the house has at least 1 ceiling fan running 24/7/365.

I like single coil p'ups, but the P90s in the GT buzzed worse than my Fender s/c's do.

Well, in that case you're off the hook. But still don't expect much sympathy from die-hard P-90 fans.

Thanks for all your replies people.

I am looking forward to getting my mitts on this guitar. As I said, I have longed for a P90 guitar for a long, long time but have reminded myself recently just how great they can sound by viewing YouTube clips. And those stock Epi P90s sound pretty good to me. Me being me, I'll probably eventually switch 'em out for upmarket versions and rewire the git but I'll run with it as standard for a while at least.

Re Bender, at least I don't have all that hum inducing electric field where I am so probably won't get too much hum problem (I hope!.

Epi P-90's are decent, but I've eventually upgraded all of mine. Gibson P-90's are very good, and you can get deals on used ones.

Archived