Gibson Brands Forums

How come no one wants to buy good gear anymore?

Basshole

So nobody wants to buy a used Marshall amp for $1000 and would rather spend the couple of hundred that is within their budget?Shame on them, the stupid bastards. It is because of them that the economy is such a shambles. What is wrong with people--buying stuff they can afford rather than maxing out their credit cards.

I do. In fact it's all I'll buy anymore. I avoid Chinese gear like the plague.

Hell, I just bought my 9 year old daughter a Studio Lester Fireburst. New.

I'm all American, as much as can be. Drive a Ford F150, ect. Most people don't care anymore, but I try. Redwing boots, S.O.G. knives, Ruger guns, Ernie Ball strings. It's a loosing battle, but I love a good battle.

Murph.

...dude... dont get me started... a while ago I was selling a guitar for a friend in the local version of ebay (mercadolibre.com.ec)' date=' the guitar was a mexican fender but it had been upgraded with american components: electronics and hardware. The guitar+mods was worth about 900, we were asking 450 (prety much a steal, as mexican fenders sell here new for about 550-600, plues what my friend spent in upgrading her).

Some a-hole posted a message asking if we would exchange it for a olp "limited edition made in USA" (yeah right) guitar that was worth 1K (yeah right, an OLP worth 1000? made in amaerica?)

Another a-hole asked if we would take his "samick copy" (a $50 value, you know?) and give him the guitar + 100 bucks.

Another a-hole asked if we could take a cellphone, and it wasnt even a blackberry or a nokia n90, it was a kyocera phone, 3 year old model.

So yes... people right now owns only sh.t and wants to give you sh.t for your good gear.

To many brands selling sh.t, even "good" and "known" brands... so that's it...

A while ago an a-hole came to the studio and he didnt want to record in any of the tube amps I had, nor the SS ones... all of them very good amps. He said his friend has recorded in another studio and they had this marshall... I told him we could get one if he knew the series and model... the guy comes back saying it is a marshall MG100... I just sent him to hell.

[/quote']

Next time you try to sell something on mercadolibre make sure you send me a message and perhaps I buy it. You were like handing your stuff over to someone else!!!!!

I'm NOT joking.

Hell' date=' I just bought my 9 year old daughter a Studio Lester Fireburst. New.

I'm all American, as much as can be. Drive a Ford F150, ect. Most people don't care anymore, but I try. Redwing boots, S.O.G. knives, Ruger guns, Ernie Ball strings. It's a loosing battle, but I love a good battle.

Murph.[/quote']

I am with you man, go USA!!!

Hell' date=' I just bought my 9 year old daughter a Studio Lester Fireburst. New.

Murph.[/quote']

You sound like The Nuge's best friend or something lol

GONZO BABAY!!!!!

And there is something wrong with that? What is up with you guys.

well its not so much the instruments, its the emo part, im not saying its bad, but THATS ALL THERE is in this town, you have emo and rap, and country is is in the next town over. i was raised on music based off instruments not on lyrics. were lyrics were things that were put in songs to fill in between guitar solos. so sorry but eric clapton is right music is dying.

• 2 months later...

Jessenoah,

You must be a gear snob. First of all, it's about the player, not the guitar. Second, to say that all Epiphone guitars are crap. That just pisses the crap out of me. ;) I don't even own an Epiphone, I own a Gibson. But to say that...grow up man.

Archived