Gibson Brands Forums

Carrie Underwood and The Stones

MissouriPicker

Yeah, Leavell has a knack at finding work...lol.... The guy is a monster keyboardist. The Stones, Allman Brothers, George Harrison, and many more I can't think of at the moment. Talent like his is always in-demand. Hasn't he played keyboard for The Stones since the late 80's or so? I used to see his face on videos and wonder who he was...

Excepting for (Oh..BROTHER...)"Satanic Majesties Request" which was 70% rubbish,I bought pretty much every album..

untill this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC0Qt1lvLq8

Then the few after this without Mick Taylor and that was it..

Undercover actually went right into the garbage bin after I heard that ka ka.

I actually listen to the Undercover album once in awhile. I don't listen to any albums after that, nor Emotional Rescue except for a few singles that I like from them. Saint of Me is actually one of my favorite Stones Songs and it has a great video. I also don't listen to much of their very early stuff unless I'm in a deep Stones bender.

I actually listen to the Undercover album once in awhile. I don't listen to any albums after that, nor Emotional Rescue except for a few singles that I like from them. Saint of Me is actually one of my favorite Stones Songs and it has a great video. I also don't listen to much of their very early stuff unless I'm in a deep Stones bender.

Never heard that song but I don't dig it really.

The Tatoo You album..I did like some songs off that but most of those turned out to be old tunes as well.

In they're prime even the reject tracks were better than that what they've been putting on record the last 30 years.

Never heard that song but I don't dig it really.

The Tatoo You album..I did like some songs off that but most of those turned out to be old tunes as well.

In they're prime even the reject tracks were better than that what they've been putting on record the last 30 years.

Yes, I agree that most of their later work pales in comparison to their golden years. But, that doesn't mean that everything after the golden years is necessarily bad. Some of it is fine and a couple are pretty good. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

I also agree that there have been some good tracks that were rejected. Some of the older songs on the new releases of Some Girls and Exile are really good, IMO. I haven't heard the one you posted, but I know lots of people have lots of unreleased bootlegs and I'm guessing that's where it's from.

So guys whats the best Stones album?

Through the Past Darkly (and best album cover too)

Get Your Ya Ya's Out

Sticky Fingers

Exile on Main St definately DID NOT pass the "hood" test.

It got a solid thumbs down in my neighborhood.

I liked it cause Mick Jagger pretty much screamed his balls off on that album..but material was no where as good as Sticky Fingers.

So guys whats the best Stones album?

Their best is obviously Beggar Let it Bleed a Sticky Finger at the Banquet

[thumbup]

I just saw them sunday and man they were great !!!!! My eyes were most of the time following Keith of course, being my greatest musical source of inspiration [biggrin]

The camera work isn't professional, but to me this gal can perform with most anyone. She more than holds her own. Talent, looks, and almost as much energy as Jagger. The old dude is amazing. He doesn't stop.

She's a decent singer but doesn't belong on the same stage as The Stones. She should have brushed up on her

dance moves, never has been much of a shaker. At least Mick sounded good. [thumbup]

Exile on main street .

Let it bleed

Stick fingers

And beggars banquet

The rest are down to individual taste , but those are inarguably (if you're into dirty rock n roll) as good as it gets .

Those are the top 4 by most people's opinion. I would say Beggars Banquet and Let it Bleed tied for the top, and then a cat fight for the next two. IMO, Sticky Fingers and Exile have lots of great songs, but they also have some cuts that don't hold up as well to the other non-hits on the other 2. If pressed, I would give Beggars a slight nod over Let it Bleed based solely on an opinion that my least favorite songs on one are better than the other.

Archived