Gibson Brands Forums

Far out

E-minor7

Speaking of the Dove, I heard that Gibson has canceled all the PO's from dealers for Doves and will maybe only make special runs of 100 (at a substantially higher price tag). Some wonder on the Hummingbird too. I'm working on a deal for a Bird this week maybe. Why I'm doing this I just don't know. It's a sickness, just plainly a sickness! [biggrin]

Aster

I admire the sheer cavalier attitude this owner has shown, instead of treating everything guitar related like it's some shrine object and surrounded by hallowed mojo and so on, he's wired in lighting rigs an all sorts.... that kind of callousness is the very spirit we normally admire in rockstars (albeit ones with slightly better taste)... I wish more and more people would do this... break out, create, stop conforming to some notion that we ought to be grateful for everything... Hats off to this fella and his incredibly poor taste.

Another point I often see is thabnks to bozeman here a lot... for what? It's a manufacturing company working to order, we might enjoy the produce but we've also paid handsomely for it, profit margins an all.... That's not to belittle the job, they do a fine job, so fine I bought four of the buggers, but I wouldn't get into some 'washing the feet of jesus' scenario in gushing about it.....

Red arrows I'm sure, but, I stand by it, I appreciate it all as much as the next man, but can still see its a manufacturing company, one who produces stuff I like... simple.

Archived