Gibson Brands Forums

es

cyrja

Congrats! Nice score! I love mine! These are absolutely killer guitars and one of my most favorite to play. Stay off this forum for awhile and go play the hell out of that new girl. She sounds great all by herself and also takes pedals very well! [thumbup]

image-1.jpg

Congrats, on your new CS-336. I have a 2008 VS (Vintage Sunburst), like yours, only mine's a Plain-Top. As BigKahune said, it's an awesome guitar and you got your for a $teal. Hopefully it'll be one

that stays in your collection for a lifetime.

Cool guitar for sure. I'm thinking about setting up a trade situation. I think I prefer the woody tone of the es-335 & its larger body. I'm 6'4 215 and this thing looks like a toy on me. I wonder if I could trade for a 50th Anniversary 1963 es-335 TD

• 3 weeks later...

Cool guitar for sure. I'm thinking about setting up a trade situation. I think I prefer the woody tone of the es-335 & its larger body. I'm 6'4 215 and this thing looks like a toy on me. I wonder if I could trade for a 50th Anniversary 1963 es-335 TD

I'm 6'2 and 200lbs and mine looks great on me. [tongue]

Of course so does my 335, and all my other Gibsons [biggrin]

Does it really matter how it looks on you or how it plays and sounds? :-({|=

IMO the looks of a guitar do have a bearing on desirability...

My imagination was initially caught by the full bodied hollows and semis

I prefer the 'under the armpit' ergonomics of the 335 over smaller bodied equivalents

As a contrast I have a custom made 'semi hollow' LP Junior type...which is not dissimilar to the 336 and 339...

V

:-({|=

• 2 weeks later...

Archived