Gibson Brands Forums

Is my Classic genuine??

Rikard

Sent a mail to the support regarding the serial number now' date=' and I am really excited about their answer :)

A new question aroused while I wrote that mail though: The pre-pack checklist states that the guitars model code is "LPCSEBGH". To me it seems though that all classics are using following syntax instead, "LPCSxxNH" (where xx = finish). The only explanation I can come up with is that my version is equipped with golden hardware, instead of the ones made of nickel, i.e. "G" for golden and "N" for nickel, but I do not know.

Rikard[/quote']

I'm sure that NH is nickel hardware so you're probably right that GH is gold like yours. Nice axe.

Your guitar is legit - Musicians Friend was selling these (black with gold hardware) about 3-4 years ago so an '04 manufacture date would be reasonable. It's a fine looking axe.

on edit: I looked in an old MF catalogue from 2005 and the gold hardware ones were available then.

Hi again guys,

I got mail from the support today regarding my guitar. According to their registry it is a 2004 Classic made in Nashville, and the odd serial number can be due to a special order from the Scandinavian distributor. Suddenly I am a happy owner of a slightly odd Les Paul Classic, just as odd as its owner :)

Thanks all for your interest in helping me out with my guitar, I'm very greatful!

Merry Christmas all!

Rikard

Archived