Gibson Brands Forums

My band has a record coming out!

Twiz

Glad you finally got around to bragging, Twiz. [thumbup] I was tempted to do it for you. [biggrin]

Let me just say fellow forumites, Carousel is bad a$$. I've been listening to their

older EP stuff whilst anxiously awaiting the LP. Any fan of heaviness will dig 'em.

Hope you don't mind me posting this one, Twiz...

Congrats Twiz!!!

This song is killer - I'll be checking out more!

You guys weren't on Metal Archives so i added you, if you guys are accepted (they review all bands added, its quite "serious") i'll need more info on the last EP. Already added band members of current and your latest LP. I'll update the thread of any news if it was accepted or not, i posted your soundcloud so they can deem worthy, you're also under the Heavy Metal/Hard Rock. Also if you're accepted i'll gladly do a full review for you guys on the website, honest and all that.

Edit: Here's a link of the band page in the waiting:

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Carousel/3540369165

Still need more info (producers, engineers, band logo, past band members, etc)

Holy crap I thought this thread died. Thanks for the kind words everyone. The album is getting some good reviews and we're getting ready for our release show here in Pittsburgh on Sept 06. After that we're heading to tour in Europe for a month. I can't post dates and cities yet because we're still working that out. I'll keep you guys posted!

Twiz...

With all due respect, whether someone may like your music or not, your growing success certainly is a result also not just of "talent" or "skill," but of just plain old fashioned hard work and professionalism.

That's something that crosses all musical genres and brings respect to musicians who are ready to play in every sense, are at gigs on time and care about their music, the venue and audience.

Actually I like your material although it's not "my thing."

But what I like most is the way you and your bandmates seem to be doing things right to develop respect for your professionalism as well as your music.

So... as has been said, break a leg little brother.

m

My CD showed up yesterday.

carousel-jewelers-daughter.jpg

Got a good listen today. Gotta say it's super bada$$! I like the stuff off the old EP, but this is a big step forward. A lot of it reminds me of early Iron Maiden - love the harmony riffage. My wife said it reminded her of Sabbath - particularly the vocals. Definitely two [thumbup][thumbup]

Archived