Gibson Brands Forums

great sounding j45

blindboygrunt

" spaghetti Wet ....." ????

WTF

come on man...hahahaha

To be fair, EA is an ad man, a marketing man, stands to reason that he'd love these mental descriptions..... chocolatey / red wine anyone.... this is the 'stuff' you see in adverts... so 'wet spaghetti' while making absolutely no sense on any level doesn't surprise me. (although if anyone has performed a tone test on wet cooked spaghetti I salute you). I'm actually waiting for him to kick it up a notch and tell us his A-string sounds like a gluesniffing squirrel or that the G-string from <insert brand here> sounds like 2 mornons high on PCP making love in the bath.

To be fair, EA is an ad man, a marketing man, stands to reason that he'd love these mental descriptions..... chocolatey / red wine anyone.... this is the 'stuff' you see in adverts... so 'wet spaghetti' while making absolutely no sense on any level doesn't surprise me. (although if anyone has performed a tone test on wet cooked spaghetti I salute you). I'm actually waiting for him to kick it up a notch and tell us his A-string sounds like a gluesniffing squirrel or that the G-string from <insert brand here> sounds like 2 mornons high on PCP making love in the bath.

Ha ... to be honest the tonal 'referances' that Im using are not ones Ive invented myself but ones that have been used many times before. To some they are easy to grasp, while others are a bit more challenged, but thats OK. But in all honestly 'nectar' for the Bird makes a lot of sense to me, chocolately when describing certain rosewoods makes sense as does spaghetti bass on some Gibsons, however it has also been called a 'rubber band' tone, which I also get.

hahahhaah [lol]

some good uns there

Ha ... to be honest the tonal 'referances' that Im using are not ones Ive invented myself but ones that have been used many times before. To some they are easy to grasp, while others are a bit more challenged, but thats OK. But in all honestly 'nectar' for the Bird makes a lot of sense to me, chocolately when describing certain rosewoods makes sense as does spaghetti bass on some Gibsons, however it has also been called a 'rubber band' tone, which I also get.

hehe

u know we love ya for them EA...keep em coming..[cool]

Thing is, most are references t things which have no bearing on sound, I mean what does chocolate or nectar sound like? Red wine too? Rubber band I get as a stretched rubber band will make a sound when plonked / plucked so it makes sense.... but the oters dont, I mean what kind of response would you expect from a chocolate forum with this kind of banter?

Poster 1 - "My Cadbuys Dairly Milk tastes just like a G-chord on a Gibson J-45" .

Poster 2 - "No it doesn't unless it was stored and had gone off, everyone knows it tastes like a Martin OM model in a room of no more than 26 degrees celcius"

Poster 3 - "poster 2, what are you on about? This makes no sense at all, I guess you had one too many aero's before you posted that"

Poster 4 - "hey poster 2 are you causing trouble again, I wouldn't say madness like that in full voice, I wouldn't even say that with a wispa"

Poster 1 - "jeez, why do I even bother..."

Poster 3 - "I was thinking the same thing poster 1, why don't you go boil your head, I hate your chocolate reviews anyway"

Poster 5 - "I was going to mention a Taylor, but to be fair I was eating munchies, not a dairy milk"

Poster 3 - "Do one gaylord....."

Thing is, most are references t things which have no bearing on sound, I mean what does chocolate or nectar sound like? Red wine too? Rubber band I get as a stretched rubber band will make a sound when plonked / plucked so it makes sense.... but the oters dont, I mean what kind of response would you expect from a chocolate forum with this kind of banter?

Poster 1 - "My Cadbuys Dairly Milk tastes just like a G-chord on a Gibson J-45" .

Poster 2 - "No it doesn't unless it was stored and had gone off, everyone knows it tastes like a Martin OM model in a room of no more than 26 degrees celcius"

Poster 3 - "poster 2, what are you on about? This makes no sense at all, I guess you had one too many aero's before you posted that"

Poster 4 - "hey poster 2 are you causing trouble again, I wouldn't say madness like that in full voice, I wouldn't even say that with a wispa"

Poster 3 - "I was thinking the same thing poster 1, why don't you go boil your head, I hate your chocolate reviews anyway"

Poster 5 - "I was going to mention a Taylor, but to be fair I was eating munchies, not a dairy milk"

heheheheheh

soz I had to reply to that..what a beaut

my my...we are on form this morning arnt we Reductionist Financier from the Dark Chocolate Side ;)

So I guess Id better avoid talking about maple in a referance to vanilla ice cream and syrup ? [biggrin]

Dunno man, there's a certain point for me where the tone-hounds actually get caught in a trap of endless comparing guitars and debating the nuances of them way past the point of any given audiences hearing capability. A decent model with specs and looks to your taste, well setup is all you need, then it becomes what it should be about...the skills.

The trainspotter anorak stuff especially about tone has limited appeal for me, it's compressed digital clips we're all comparing after all. Usual disclaimers don't cover the wide array of variables in play. I'd rather have the finest skills and an average sample of the companies output than the finest one ever made only to knock out Am, G & D cowboy chords on it.

Hey PM , watch what ya say about cowboy chords......that's my specialty [crying]

Brand new strings kind of sound like uncooked spaghetti :mellow:

What's great is that after listening to the Aye tunes radio interview , when I read this I hear it in PM's accent.... [flapper]

Archived