Gibson Brands Forums

GuitarFetish Xaviere

Cougar

I've been eyeing GuitarFetish's Xaviere XV-900 for some weeks now. A 335-type guit. Price is ridiculously affordable brand new. I mean, $299 for a flametop? Then this weekend GF is 10% discounting practically everything, including the XV-900, so that pushed me over the edge and I TOOK THE PLUNGE. I checked the reviews and all, but this photo pretty much sold me....

orangeburst.jpg

It'll be a week or so before it gets here, but you can be sure I'll be putting up actual pics and giving you my impression....

[thumbup] Very nice. Can't blame ya one bit. How much is a tweed case for this?

It's listed at $74, but apparently it's $10 off if you're getting it with a guitar. Then they took 10% off the guitar and the case. Shipping was pretty reasonable at about $39. I do like getting a good deal!

great score !!

some of the stock GF p'ups are dandy as they are!

i'll guess yours comes stock w/"Crunchy Pats" which are a great "between warm & too-hot p'up".

I put the set from an XV300(SG copy) into a Gibby LP to improve the tones, and they DID !

anxiously awaiting its' arrival......

i'll guess yours comes stock w/"Crunchy Pats" which are a great "between warm & too-hot p'up".

No, they're Fat Pats. Reviews say they're a little hot. But they're not just another set of generic pups. I think they're going to be cool. B)

anxiously awaiting its' arrival......

Boy, I'll say!

I ordered a Squier Affinity Telecaster with the Butterscotch finish. I also ordered a Fender Passport mini amp to go along with it. It has an additional microphone input for vocal as well as the electric guitar at the same time. I'm hoping it will be a good amp for playing a harmonica through as well as guitar at the same time. Time will tell I guess. I'm really enjoying playing the Sorrento I recently acquired. Man is it nice. My second favorite besides my old Greco.

Archived