Gibson Brands Forums

New, slow song for old, slow day..

AnneS

Well, I'm in a slow-song rut, that's for sure. I find it often happens to me this time of year, and frankly, I rather enjoy it down here, getting all quiet and introspective 'n stuff.

If you're inclined to partake, here is the latest.

Gravity

On another point, you all know how I love my maple J100, right? It never disappoints, but with this song, I gotta say--something yearns for the tone I associate with a mature mahogany slope. And It's not about which guitar I'd play it on. That is, it's not about how the maple sounds here-I'm totally satisfied on that score. It's more a feeling that maybe I could hear more while the song is coming to me at the very first.

And It sounds almost absurd, even to me, just saying that out loud, but there you go.

Thanks, guys.

(Note how this is NOT posted in the performances section...[tongue] )

Excellent Anne

a very accomplished song..i loved the dynamics...and lyrics..

nice playing...just a very good song...thanks for sharing. i don't care what anyone says

There are some excellent talented song writers here..and its a pleasure to hear from you all

well done Anne...nice recording too :)

This is a really good song ! I think what your brain percieves as missing is the bass frequencies - I can really hear, in my head, this song with a nice stand up bass and a soft brushed drum in the background. Like I said before - this is a really good song! Wonderful.

Sweet tune, Annie. I like the name "Gravity." This song is about far more than gravity pulling things down. It addresses the seriousness of the situation also. Nicely done, my friend. No need to apologize for a slow song (although I've done it often. I've often thought I was the king of slow songs, but now I know there is also a queen of slow songs...lol..) You've got to write what's there. Write what's real for you. Write what you know....I think you do all of that. For me, that makes your music very easy-to-listen-to, even if the story and song mood are dark. I feel that every time I listen to one of your songs that I'm going to find myself somewhere in it. Your songs are filled with reality, not sunny days. We all love the sunny days, but I'm a realist and I understand where you are coming from. Johnny Cash said that "You've got to be who you've got to be." You've got to be "you." Don't change. [thumbup]

Archived