Gibson Brands Forums

Clapton's Choice Strings

MissouriPicker

Martin--Clapton's Choice strings----I picked-up a couple sets of these for $2 per set at GC. I don't recall seeing them before and figure GC was just moving some stock that they didn't sell a lot of. Anyone ever used them or heard anything about them? The last thing I need is more guitar strings, but for the price I thought I'd try them.

On the subjective point, they're good strings MP, but nothing really special. I used them for several years on a D41 that just seemed to sound best with them, re: they must like rosewood. But this year I put Pearse on that same guitar and it said ok to the change. They don't last long or anything really noteworthy from my point of view. Just another string. But, they are worth two bucks!

Thanks, folks. I may put them on my Dove tonight. Don't know how long the strings were on it before I got it. They still sound pretty good, but I'm just itching to try something new...lol....Worst case scenario is that I won't like them and I'll put on something else. [thumbup]

On the subjective point, they're good strings MP, but nothing really special. I used them for several years on a D41 that just seemed to sound best with them, re: they must like rosewood. They don't last long or anything really noteworthy from my point of view. Just another string. But, they are worth two bucks!

What he says. I bought a few sets a couple of years ago, and still use them on my 000-28 EC from time to time (duh!). They sound OK, and seem fairly similar to MB PB's.

Archived