Gibson Brands Forums

Bullying

Californiaman

Loved the coach's response:

"It wasn't good for anybody," Buchanan said. "I've sat and gone over and over and over it on what we could have done differently. The score could have very easily been 150 to nothing."

I guess he could have said, "We did everything but have the cheerleaders suit up."

I wonder when it became the other team's fault when your team doesn't win? Disappointment at being bested is part of life. Does he call every kid a bully that's smarter than his moron children, or better looking, or faster, or harder working?

Sounds more like "sore loser" parents, with entitlement mentalities, to me.

Seems, to me, like the losing team wasn't

prepared, well enough, or possibly had no

real decent players. Maybe their coach

wasn't up to the job? Who knows? But,

when I was in HS, WAY BACK in the '60's

we were the winning team, on a rout, like

that, and our coach did exactly the same thing,

that the winning coach did, in this case...

put in the 2nd, then 3rd string, to TRY

to give the other team some "chance!"

Didn't work, then...either!

Get over it, work harder, next time, etc.

CB

Our football team won a few, lost a few, but our band kicked all comers a$$es. We did hit pop songs and danced like college bands of the day. Way more interesting than the boring march playing HS bands around us, that would march onto the field and stand stock still for 1/2 an hour and play from music. Gosh I guess we were a bunch of bullies.

I'd like a chance at playing a team like this.

So far this season my football team has played a total of four league games.

We have won 40-0, 40-0, 20-19, and 33-0.

I guess you could call us a bunch of bullies.

This week we play a team that in three league games has scored 56 points while giving up just 20. They are huge man-children. They are physical and really big kids.

They're bigger and we're going to be in for the fight of our lives. I know that. They run the wishbone offense as well as some pro, open, twins and trips. Stopping the wishbone is no easy task. They run sweep, counter, and trap very well.

My defense will certainly have it's hands full.

Their offense has one tell all the time. Where the fullback goes, so does the ball.

It's going to be smash-mouth football all night long.

Bullies! Naw.

Prepared, finely tuned athletic machines.

I think MyFoxDFW.com (is that right?) should be bullied into releasing the identity of the "unnamed dad" so the appropriate authorities could go beat seven colours of shi reason with the poor, deluded individual.

Nah. J/K.

Nah. J/K.

P.

I'd like a chance at playing a team like this.

So far this season my football team has played a total of four league games.

We have won 40-0, 40-0, 20-19, and 33-0.

I guess you could call us a bunch of bullies.

This week we play a team that in three league games has scored 56 points while giving up just 20. They are huge man-children. They are physical and really big kids.

They're bigger and we're going to be in for the fight of our lives. I know that. They run the wishbone offense as well as some pro, open, twins and trips. Stopping the wishbone is no easy task. They run sweep, counter, and trap very well.

My defense will certainly have it's hands full.

Their offense has one tell all the time. Where the fullback goes, so does the ball.

It's going to be smash-mouth football all night long.

Bullies! Naw.

Prepared, finely tuned athletic machines.

You guys playing De La Salle?

No.

I wish we could though.

One thing we learned about De La Salle was that during summer practice the entire team spends one hour of pushing the sled around. Seven seconds of sustained power and movement for a one-hour-session. We started implementing that early too. Not for an entire hour but just about 20 minutes three times a week.

I

I'd like another shot at Palma High out of Salinas.

They're the only team we lost to this season. In that game we scored two defensive touchdowns. Those were some big-ol' boys!

We play Atascadero High School Friday. It's going to be a good game. At our last game Atascadero's coaches came to watch us play. One of our coaches said that he overheard them say that we're going to be a tough team to beat.

That's always nice. They also requested that we send them more film. Like two games wasn't enough for them? Really. Ask another school for film on us. Hell, watch all the film you want coach, we're still going to take you to the woodshed.

Oh... on a lighter note, my team has 24 players on it. Eight of those boys are just freshmen. Seven of those freshmen start on offense or defense. Most other teams around here have 30-35 players and are from bigger public schools. More kids to choose from too.

we're now facing an entire generation of parents that were never told they may not win everything, everything isn't done in a special way, just for them, and that you reap what you sow in life......instead they were taught that they're special, and that life will alter its' course just for them, because its' all about them.

thanks Dr.Spock (you moron)

we're now facing an entire generation of parents that were never told they may not win everything, everything isn't done in a special way, just for them, and that you reap what you sow in life......instead they were taught that they're special, and that life will alter its' course just for them, because its' all about them.

thanks Dr.Spock (you moron)

Yeah... it's the participatory trophy syndrome that far too many sports programs use.

Everybody's a winner. Thanks for competing. Here's your trophy. Oooohhh. Shiny trophy.

Archived