Gibson Brands Forums

Update

harmonicchaos

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cool news is...cool

The shi-t-t-y news is...shi-t-t-y

I wish I had some sage advice for you but I don't. All I can say is try to stay focussed and get through the next few years without letting bitterness over your home situation cause you to act out and make mistakes that will negatively impact your life well into adulthood.

Your dad is a ****

a big one

let him know that

Then he'd pull the "I'm going to take your guitars away" and i usually try to avoid conflict (this is the man that ripped out all the radios last year because they "were evil")

but man would i like to.

I think i have a lot of suppressed rage... but hey, the best music usually comes from unfortunate circumstances etc.

I'm one of those people who bottles stuff up and gets depressed.

damn, guitars are worse in this situation than kids would be - they can't say that they'd choose me

Just kidding about the whole guitar> kids... kinda =D>

It doesn't even sound real once i've typed it.

I don't know if any advice can really help you here, and I'm sure I'm not qualified to give you any but bro I've lived it myself and the only thing I'd remind you of to help keep yourself sane is that time truly does heal all wounds. In some ways my family was about as bad as it gets my parents were married and divorced twice to each other within three years of my 12th birthday and they were both married at least two other times after that. I understand a nasty father also my dad was a real treat both mentally and physically he broke my nose twice and ribs once and I even ended up on my own at 16 and felt lucky to get out. and it might take years but it does change and as for trying to punish your dad or getting even sorry it doesn't work just let your dad work his own issues out in his own way. If he takes a guitar away just smile and tell him you understand and that you still love him. They can twist each other and you kids up all they want to but just remember that guitars are just wood and string you can always get another one when you get down to it it's the music we love not a guitar and nobody can take that away from you. Battles in a divorce can be brutal and some people will use any weapon they can even a kid too fight back. Your dad is hurting too and like many people he most likely has no idea how to channel his own pain and rage so he strikes out at you (you can only punish those you love because honestly no one else will take that kind of crap). your Mom will need your support RA and Fibro are nasty and stress makes them worse so she's in for a rough time also but in the end we each have to fight our own battles you can help your mom but you can't take away all her pain so remember to take care of yourself and any younger sibs you might have at home. find a good friend and between that support and music you'll get through it and be stronger for it art helps also and as a artist you have an emotional outlet you can release info too.

good luck and hang in there and just remember someday you'll have a son sitting on your knee helping you play a sweet silverburst custom shop and you can try to be a better parent than you had!

I don't know if any advice can really help you here' date=' and I'm sure I'm not qualified to give you any but bro I've lived it myself and the only thing I'd remind you of to help keep yourself sane is that time truly does heal all wounds. In some ways my family was about as bad as it gets my parents were married and divorced twice to each other within three years of my 12th birthday and they were both married at least two other times after that. I understand a nasty father also my dad was a real treat both mentally and physically he broke my nose twice and ribs once and I even ended up on my own at 16 and felt lucky to get out. and it might take years but it does change and as for trying to punish your dad or getting even sorry it doesn't work just let your dad work his own issues out in his own way. If he takes a guitar away just smile and tell him you understand and that you still love him. They can twist each other and you kids up all they want to but just remember that guitars are just wood and string you can always get another one when you get down to it it's the music we love not a guitar and nobody can take that away from you. Battles in a divorce can be brutal and some people will use any weapon they can even a kid too fight back. Your dad is hurting too and like many people he most likely has no idea how to channel his own pain and rage so he strikes out at you (you can only punish those you love because honestly no one else will take that kind of crap). your Mom will need your support RA and Fibro are nasty and stress makes them worse so she's in for a rough time also but in the end we each have to fight our own battles you can help your mom but you can't take away all her pain so remember to take care of yourself and any younger sibs you might have at home. find a good friend and between that support and music you'll get through it and be stronger for it

good luck and hang in there and just remember someday you'll have a son sitting on your knee helping you play a sweet silverburst custom shop and you can try to be a better parent than you had!

[/quote']

hey, thanks :)

but it does suck doesn't it?! (it doesn't sound like i have to ask you twice)

oh well...

You coud get into weed if you wanted to. But not for THOSE reasons. But that is just my opinion.

I won't judge your dad or you mother or you. I'm sure everyone has got their issues. And I'm sure this could get a little tough on you and you could get pressure from the 3 sides - your dad, your mom and the whole society. But try to be yourself and TAKE CARE of yourself in the middle of it.

I just hope that it turns out the best way. My mother Has fibro myalgia too, my dad kinda sucks sometimes - thankfully, he improved A LOT. And I, by the way, study psicology.

Even if your mother has fibro and she's breaking up a marriage, it COULD get her better. People can always get better in all sorts of ways. It could get her worse as well, we never know.

Hang on man.

Now, let's finish with the good news, aight?

Good thing you tried the Deluxe Verb. I remember when I tried the handwired bassman for the first time. I had no words to describe it. It was the best sensation I ever had in front of an amo that I was playing.

I really dig jaguars too. Whatever the situation is, if I see a Jaguar in a window, it GAS me a LOT!

I don't know if any advice can really help you here' date=' and I'm sure I'm not qualified to give you any but bro I've lived it myself and the only thing I'd remind you of to help keep yourself sane is that time truly does heal all wounds.[/quote']

That's what anyone who has been there (and care for you) will say to you.

I'm a jerk too and I live far far away, but if we could, I could have a beer or a joint, or a good rehearsal with you =)

You coud get into weed if you wanted to. But not for THOSE reasons. But that is just my opinion.

I won't judge your dad or you mother or you. I'm sure everyone has got their issues. And I'm sure this could get a little tough on you and you could get pressure from the 3 sides - your dad' date=' your mom and the whole society. But try to be yourself and TAKE CARE of yourself in the middle of it.

I just hope that it turns out the best way. My mother Has fibro myalgia too, my dad kinda sucks sometimes - thankfully, he improved A LOT. And I, by the way, study psicology.

Even if your mother has fibro and she's breaking up a marriage, it COULD get her better. People can always get better in all sorts of ways. It could get her worse as well, we never know.

Hang on man.

Now, let's finish with the good news, aight?

Good thing you tried the Deluxe Verb. I remember when I tried the handwired bassman for the first time. I had no words to describe it. It was the best sensation I ever had in front of an amo that I was playing.

I really dig jaguars too. Whatever the situation is, if I see a Jaguar in a window, it GAS me a LOT![/quote']

Hey, thanks for not judging! I know, i need to take care of myself more... with my mom needing more help, my sister and my dad being the way he is, i've kind of had to take care of them. My health hasn't been 100% for a while (diabetes scare, being underweight for a while, being fairly susceptible to the flu, allergies, ulcers, gastritis, insomnia etc.)

one of the worst things is i'm homeschooled (have been most of my life) so i'm pretty isolated.

She's gotten better than how she was @ first. Hopefully she'll keep going in that direction!!!

moving on to good news.

Same thing with me with the amps and jaguars!

This is a messy situation. I have had the misfortune of being on the other side of a divorce, and I have to say it is just a disgusting time. I'm really sorry my kids were subjected to the whole thing...the process makes you crazy.

My advice is stand above it, and walk like a man. Keep your head, and don't be intimidated or manipulated by either of your parents. You may have to be the adult in this situation. Try to be the calming voice of reason. This is a time to be level headed. This is specifically a time to stay clear of drugs or alcohol. Oilpit is completely out to lunch with this weed bull sh*t. That's exactly the wrong reaction to this situation. You have to "man up" to this...not hide behind drugs. Don't make enemies with either of your parents...life is long to carry the burden of guilt or bitterness.

You may have to remind your parents that the only winner in a bitter divorce is the lawyer.

I'm really sorry this is happening to you but it can work out better in the longer run. I'm not a terribly religious man but in my own way my prayers are with you.

That's what anyone who has been there (and care for you) will say to you.

I'm a jerk too and I live far far away' date=' but if we could, I could have a beer or a joint, or a good rehearsal with you =)[/quote']

Music is the best high. I love actually being able to talk to someone about music or even better yet, jam

lol

bro...

I love you

ummm thanks? :D

lol, just kidding... :)

btw i've been meaning to say this, buckethead is pretty boring... as are his fans...

and what's with angus young eating that person? is it you? is there a bigger pic of it?

sorry but that's been bugging me. :D

lol' date=' just kidding... :)

btw i've been meaning to say this, buckethead is pretty boring... as are his fans...

and what's with angus young eating that person? is it you? is there a bigger pic of it?

sorry but that's been bugging me. :D [/quote']

Ok, I'm gonna stay and see if oilpit answer this question. Then I'll go to sleep LOL

Well' date=' I've got to catch some sleep now. tomorrow or so I'll be driving a lot of miles...

Happy new year to you! =D

We will still be i touch when this is done =)

Happy new year for everyone here! You guys are awesome![/quote']

cool, happy new year to everyone too!

i'm guessing you got an itouch this year? lol, just kidding.

(gotta love them typos)

lol' date=' just kidding... :)

sorry but that's been bugging me. :D [/quote']

I'M HERE!!!!

sorry, I was watchin' a movie

In some thread a while ago I said that Angus and co. are lame (which they are)

Next thing I know people are yelling and spitting and pulling my hair and photoshopping pictures of me

But I love that pic, so its my avatar now.

And yes, Buckethead sucks

and his fans are crazy...and they suck

Archived