Gibson Brands Forums

Update

harmonicchaos

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just PMed you (long post, dont think most of the guys would be interested, if you are I can post it here).

Whatever you do dont go into drugs, they are not a solution to anything, what's more, they ad to the problem. And before the rants begin: I havent tried them so maybe I dont know what Im missing, but I have friends that ended up needing rehab and it was horrible and painful to see them that way, to se them suffer and make their families and friends suffer as well, some never got out of it, some found the strenght to defeat it. I say why take chances? better not to go in there at all.

You need to spend time with friends: in here and in the real world, form a band, play music, music is one of the best things in life, people often laugh at me when I say this but Music is my drug: had I not found music, then I might have ended on drugs (looking at how every kid was doing them when I was a kid). Music is the one "drug" you can do without worries, playing guitar is one of the most fulfilling things in life (at least for me) and it will cost less than drugs.

I'M HERE!!!!

sorry' date=' I was watchin' a movie

In some thread a while ago I said that Angus and co. are lame (which they are)

Next thing I know people are yelling and spitting and pulling my hair and photoshopping pictures of me

But I love that pic, so its my avatar now.

And yes, Buckethead sucks

and his fans are crazy...and they suck

[/quote']

I think tha same thing about Buckethead, Angus fraks AND Slash's freaks :-k

By the way, what's inside the mouth of that guy in your avatar?

Whatever you do dont go into drugs' date=' they are not a solution to anything, what's more, they ad to the problem. And before the rants begin: I havent tried them so maybe I dont know what Im missing, but I have friends that ended up needing rehab and it was horrible and painful to see them that way, to se them suffer and make their families and friends suffer as well, some never got out of it, some found the strenght to defeat it. I say why take chances? better not to go in there at all..[/quote']

That's why I said you should not jump into weed for those reasons. If you want te experience it, it's ok I think. Most people can deal with that and probably will never get addicted.

BUT when you do that to AVOID problems, you migh turn it into a behavior pattern when you face any trouble. You can't do that. You can't allow yourself to do that. You have to face it. Of course you should (well, you have to) run from the world sometimes, perhaps being in a band, making out with some nice chick, watching TV, reading comics, drawing, whatever.

Can you see the difference? The weed probably won't get you addicted (fisiologically speaking), but if you turn into a behavior pattern to face problems, you might end up losing sight of all the other ways you have to deal with situations. And that's when you really screw up and things can get REAL BAD.

You don't need weed. At all.

And I tried them.

Go out, feel the wind touching your face, take a good stroll and call a friend. It is one of the only things 100% safe. It can't trouble you. It can only add =)

Peace!

That's why I said you should not jump into weed for those reasons. If you want te experience it' date=' it's ok I think. Most people can deal with that and probably will never get addicted.

BUT when you do that to AVOID problems, you migh turn it into a behavior pattern when you face any trouble. You can't do that. You can't allow yourself to do that. You have to face it. Of course you should (well, you have to) run from the world sometimes, perhaps being in a band, making out with some nice chick, watching TV, reading comics, drawing, whatever.

Can you see the difference? The weed probably won't get you addicted (fisiologically speaking), but if you turn into a behavior pattern to face problems, you might end up losing sight of all the other ways you have to deal with situations. And that's when you really screw up and things can get REAL BAD.

You don't need weed. At all.

And I tried them.

Go out, feel the wind touching your face, take a good stroll and call a friend. It is one of the only things 100% safe. It can't trouble you. It can only add =) [b']Although i could get run over if i went for a walk eusa_wall.gif . Actually i just came back from a four mile walk (i took some pics with my new camera). It was my favorite weather out (60, humid, cloudy and damp - and it's december(???!!!). we just had an extreme ice storm last week). I naturally get high from this kind of weather, forests/some nature, fog, sweetwater, music and guitars. And if i really connect with someone.

[/b]

Peace!

I know (i'm into psychology). In most cases, it isn't the things that people get addicted to, it's the hiding from something bigger that makes them spiral into a vicious cycle.

I'm just a damn kid... kids sometimes feel like they have to touch the burner even though they were told not to and they know that there is a chance of getting burned. Even though i'm a kid, i'm not stupid though.

I'm not one of those people that's gonna seek out stuff and do it to an extreme excess. It's just if there happens to be an opportunity, i might take it.

Man, i need to find to people to jam with!

Hang in there Chaos.

Life with parents is seldom paradise, but it seems like you're dealing with more than most.

Just try to keep a low profile and good attitude, and remember better days are ahead.

Hang in there Chaos.

Life with parents is seldom paradise' date=' but it seems like you're dealing with more than most.

Just try to keep a low profile and good attitude, and remember better days are ahead.[/quote']

Yeah, i know... I like to call my bedroom switzerland... so neither can say that i like the other better (the upstairs is mostly mom's domain and the downstairs is mostly dad's... and our house ain't too big.)

Despite all of this i actually am pretty good to my parents (i do a s-h-i-t-load of housework, take care of my sister, teach myself all my school stuff - homeschooled, i don't argue or give 'em much or any guff... all i have to do is stay emotionless and never complain or have many needs) Do i detect a little anger? Maybe i should've gotten into drums instead of guitar... probably better for anger managment... either that or i have to call jack nicholson. Hmmm smile.gif

I'm really looking forward to college.... FAR away!

If your one of the lucky and have mental health benefits on your insurance then seek a professional's advice. This is a situation that would best be delt with by them not a bunch of guitar players. Even though I know they have the best of intentions.

But stay away from the drugs.

This "rat poison" meth is crap. They don't make white crosses that melt in your hand anymore.

"Organic Windowpane" is a thing of the past.

This skunkweed is sprayed with freakin' nicotine, swear to God......

:-k

Trust me. These drugs are different.

I've been clean for a decade.

Go get some beer..........

Murph.

I think i have a lot of suppressed rage... but hey' date=' the best music usually comes from unfortunate circumstances etc.

I'm one of those people who bottles stuff up and gets depressed.[/quote']

Channel these feelings into exercise, especially on a mountain bike or road racer. It gets rid of all this stuff better than anything else. The release of endorphins is addictive - in the best possible way.

Told you the old people would hate on weed

ignore them

*flame suit*

Perhaps you should ignore 'old peoples' advice when it comes to things like what music to listen to or weather you should eat spinach.

On the subject of life lessons such as drugs; however, some of us know more then you do simply because we've been there and done that. Some of us or rather our friends didn't make it out of that phase. Thus those of us still here to give advice should at the very least be heard and our opinions be respected by teenagers.

I'm not going to give you my advice on your life situation, but I do think you should seek a professional's advice.

Oh, I will give one piece of advice. Ignore :oilpit.

Some of us or rather our friends didn't make it out of that phase..

Give me one example of someone you know of who died/"never made it out" of pot...

You can't, you may have an example of some retard you knew who started drinking and shooting heroin, but just from weed, I think no.

And just for the record I in NO way endorse any other drug, they are stupid and bad for you.

MJ on the other hand is totally harmless.

Give me one example of someone you know of who died/"never made it out" of pot...

You can't' date=' you may have an example of some retard you knew who started drinking and shooting heroin, but just from weed, I think no.

And just for the record I in NO way endorse any other drug, they are stupid and bad for you.

MJ on the other hand is totally harmless.[/quote']

Other then the obvious arguments about "gate way drugs" which even I think is mostly bullshi* there is of coarse the connections to driving deaths and it being illegal. Going to jail is no way to start a productive life. Try to get into a good college or get a good job with a criminal record.

As for people I know that didn't make it out of that phase. I am not interested in proving my obvious point to a child.

If you really want to help our friend out here just stop talking.

Other then the obvious arguments about "gate way drugs" which even I think is mostly bullshi* there is

See, your way too logical to not like weed.

And I'll say again, drugs don't kill people, stupid drug users kill people

What retard drives when they are blazed?

I just wanted to let everyone know that i'm not going to aggressively search out any illegal substances. If i ever wanted to experiment with anything later i would only do it with a sound mind and when i don't have huge issues like this one. I'm not that stupid. I'm having to deal with a ton of stuff right now, i don't need to add any more issues or complicate thing (at this time). Most of my comments were jokes. I'm staying solid right now.

UPDATE: As of today, there is a restraining order in use between my dad. He now is not allowed to physically be in the house or near my mom. His only contact with her is digital and it is only for talking about my sis and i.

We believe that my mom found a decent lawyer. We may have to move to a pretty cheap, small house (i don't mind though, just as long as i have my guitars.)

Hopefully he doesn't flip out about the restraining order. But i don't know with him.

Thanks for all your support guys, I'll keep you updated with any news.

I think that's all for now.

Archived