Gibson Brands Forums

For JCV

Fullmental Alpinist

JCV,

Check out the sides of the third guitar from Ren's right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggypDWJWYdA

Looks like shag carpeting.

FMA

FMA ,

yeah those Montana Golds sure are beautiful the natural finish seems to really bring out the figure .

I have really started to admire natural finished J200's recently . thanks for sharing

If you don't mind I'd like to show you the newest acquisition I have a lefty J 200M :

DSC_0127_zpse0cbbb16.jpg

DSC_0122_zps74197fe2.jpg

JC

Gorgeous JC. Love the abalone embellishments, the beautiful quilt backside, and that great looking burst.

I also think the natural finishes are beautiful. Sometimes they age toward a darker, more caramel color. My natural 200 has done this - I'm sure you've seen my pics. Not sure if it's turned because I leave it out and it receives a lot of indirect sunlight, or justing aging. But I like the color more than the stark blonde that sometimes comes from the factory.

Stunning!

The back looks like it's on fire. The burst looks great on that one; I like it better than the natural finish.

Although I started playing guitar at 9, I didn't really start paying attention to Gibsons until a couple of years ago when I saw the movie August Rush. The sound of that J-200 really captured my heart. And the next time I heard that sound was when I was taking a Hummingbird down off the shelf in a Guitar Center. Although I didn't buy that one, I did order one a short while later. And someday I hope to have a J-200 too.

Something about that sound: we must resonate at the same frequency as those who build the Gibsons.

I wish you all the best with your new guitar.

FMA

Stunning!

The back looks like it's on fire. The burst looks great on that one; I like it better than the natural finish.

Although I started playing guitar at 9, I didn't really start paying attention to Gibsons until a couple of years ago when I saw the movie August Rush. The sound of that J-200 really captured my heart. And the next time I heard that sound was when I was taking a Hummingbird down off the shelf in a Guitar Center. Although I didn't buy that one, I did order one a short while later. And someday I hope to have a J-200 too.

Something about that sound: we must resonate at the same frequency as those who build the Gibsons.

I wish you all the best with your new guitar.

FMA

My first thought seeing these pictures was that there a phoenix had passed through the maple =) .

JC

Beautiful guitar Juan Carlos.

I love maple as a wood but not so much as a tone wood for guitars. I have quite a few pieces of the stuff that I have collected over the years. I made a coffee table out of several highly figured slabs. I like to make thing out of wood and was going to cut the slabs up for bowl blanks. I have a lathe and love to turn wood. The slabs are so beautiful I couldn't saw them up. I had them for several years and decided to make a table out of it. Most folks that see it think it's sort of cool. When you come to Bozeman for the Homecoming I will show it to you.

Congrats on another fine guitar. You have a wonderful collection going and Gibson should drop you a line thanking you.

Beautiful guitar Juan Carlos.

I love maple as a wood but not so much as a tone wood for guitars. I have quite a few pieces of the stuff that I have collected over the years. I made a coffee table out of several highly figured slabs. I like to make thing out of wood and was going to cut the slabs up for bowl blanks. I have a lathe and love to turn wood. The slabs are so beautiful I couldn't saw them up. I had them for several years and decided to make a table out of it. Most folks that see it think it's sort of cool. When you come to Bozeman for the Homecoming I will show it to you.

Congrats on another fine guitar. You have a wonderful collection going and Gibson should drop you a line thanking you.

HE,

thanks for the kind words =) . I will try my best to make it to the 2014 homecoming .

I thank the people of Bozeman and Don actually read an email I sent him where I expressed how greatful I was for him being such a great guy to work with and for building some of these guitars as "favors" to Fuller's .

JC

Archived