Gibson Brands Forums

MV's LG Banner Reissue

JuanCarlosVejar

Ok, I don't hear you, jt. I do still hear you, Hogeye.

my edit: No offense intended to any blooming individual or business. But, jt you have blown hot and now cold on this one. Hogeye, when I say I hear you, it is because I've been around long enough to have seen and felt the changes at the internals.

You people need to understand that J.T is a historian and a damn good writer. He can't upset Gibson if he has any thoughts of writing another book. They would simply close the door. J.T is a honest guy and wasn't treated with respect. We all watched it play out on this forum. We were all excited about the reissues and J.T sent the guitars to be speced. Gibson took the specs and didn't honor their part of the bargain so I felt that it was necessary to tell the story.

As to you PM?

I come from a different generation and a different place than you. In my world if you make a promise you keep it. Simple. If I have a friend that has done something less than honorable I will not tolerate it. The truth is just that. Friend or not. I understand that you will compromise your integrity. I won't. Not even for friendship. Just for the record.....My friends at Gibson are all workers in the plant and none of them are the folks that make these unethical decisions.

I have never called anyone a basher or an apologist. Hell I can't even spell it.Just so we are all clear here. I was the one called the apologist when I tried to explain the lanimated parts and the reason for the misplaced hole on the bridgeplate. You seem to have quite a selective memory. When someone posts something that isn't truthful I set the record straight. If my friends are wrong they need to be called out. If they are right and the poster is wrong he needs to be corrected.

There is no fence in my world. This isn't a game there are no sides. If you are wrong then you are wrong. I don't expect you to understand this. It just goes to the matter of your moral fiber. Growing up in Montana in the 40's was a different time and place. My father taught me right from wrong and I'm just a product of that oldfashioned thinking. I can see how you can be confused by that.

The only reason I post here is just to keep the record straight. I have never started a thread and only reply when the facts are distorted. If you don't want me here just tell the truth and I will have nothing to write about. Apologist indeed.

As to you PM?

Uh huh, go on then…..

I come from a different generation and a different place than you. In my world if you make a promise you keep it. Simple. If I have a friend that has done something less than honorable I will not tolerate it. The truth is just that. Friend or not. I understand that you will compromise your integrity. I won't. Not even for friendship. Just for the record.....My friends at Gibson are all workers in the plant and none of them are the folks that make these unethical decisions.

Oh wow, internet put downs, how novel… Now, you don't know me, nor nothing about me, yet you label me as being of compromised integrity… well that's not very honorable now is it, Hogeye? You also infer I'm not likely to keep a promise. Again you know nothing about me, if that is how you conduct yourself honorably then I am indeed glad to be viewed as unlike you.

I have never called anyone a basher or an apologist.

Yes you have, you have called me both in the past, in a very short space of time between both, ironically. A question if I may, is being colourful with the truth honourable?

There is no fence in my world.

You need a fence! …this is sarcasm by the way, not dishonorable conduct.

I don't expect you to understand this. It just goes to the matter of your moral fiber.

Again you know nothing about me, yet here we find you questioning my intelligence and moral fibre also…. You have a cheek in allowing the word honourable in to your vocabulary.

The only reason I post here is just to keep the record straight.

I don't know you, Hogeye, but I'm now jumping to conclusions that you have at least one very long, some might say over long arm as you seem to be doing a helluva lot of self back-slapping there.

As for the spiel about Montana…. well, I offer you a little life lesson, old man. it's not where you're from, it's where you're at!

You people need to understand that J.T is a historian and a damn good writer. He can't upset Gibson if he has any thoughts of writing another book. They would simply close the door. J.T is a honest guy and wasn't treated with respect. We all watched it play out on this forum. We were all excited about the reissues and J.T sent the guitars to be speced. Gibson took the specs and didn't honor their part of the bargain so I felt that it was necessary to tell the story.

Hogeye, how about a break here! Such as not throwing my quote in the reference box, lumping me in as a "you people" and then going forward with the too common exchanges yourself and ParlourMan frequent. Man alive! You Person, need to hear I know full well who jt is and what he does. I suppose I should post my own resume here for all to see in order to gain individual status, especially unto yourself. Such appears to be the trendy thing to do here now days. Credentials! I was making the point to jt, his softening of position was understood and to yourself, I knew from where you were coming in your remarks. The heck with that from here forward!

It looks like a pretty reasonable replica of the guitar. They got the rosette and binding right, and the bridge looks pretty close. Maybe not exact but it has pearl dots and the right general outline.

I also prefer the chocolate finish and that would have been a nice touch. It seems like Gibson missed a marketing opportunity here to tie in with the female angle.

When it comes to reissues, I don't think Gibson ever gets it right the first time, do they?

• 1 year later...

Hello!! I know this is an old thread and I'll look for a more recent one but I just picked up one of these bad boys from New Jersey yesterday from a guitar center...used. This particular guitar didn't come with a pickguard and I wanted to know anyone's thoughts...like I said, I know this is an old thread so I'll search around some more but just wanted to start here.

I can post pics later tonite. I have no reason to believe it's not authentic, I have the COA and its features are consistent with everyone I saw online and in forums...just curious because I never saw one without the guard before...

Thanks in advance!!

Mr NewHaven

Hello!! I know this is an old thread and I'll look for a more recent one but I just picked up one of these bad boys from New Jersey yesterday from a guitar center...used. This particular guitar didn't come with a pickguard and I wanted to know anyone's thoughts...like I said, I know this is an old thread so I'll search around some more but just wanted to start here.

I can post pics later tonite. I have no reason to believe it's not authentic, I have the COA and its features are consistent with everyone I saw online and in forums...just curious because I never saw one without the guard before...

Thanks in advance!!

Mr NewHaven

What model did you buy?

I believe these shipped with the pick guard separate in the case, o be installed, if desired, by the purchaser. There are a variety of afar-market pick guard suppliers which would be able to suppy you with that size if you desire, such as:

http://www.terrapinguitars.com/index2_php.php?content=guitarContent

https://www.allparts.com/acoustic-guitar-pickguards

Thanks duluthdan!!

I took a look at the terrapin site...very cool stuff! I'm deciding between the tear drop and batwing...might have to print a few out and size up first to see which look I like best...

I was just curious since everything I've seen on them came with a teardrop already...but then again there isn't much online about them except for this and a couple other threads so just trying to figure things out!

Thanks dan!!

Archived