Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Day at Russo's with a Special Guitar

MorrisrownSal

I just came back from picking up my Tele and my Southern Jumbo - which just got a new K&K pickup installed. I can't say enough about how great this shop is. While I was there, I met a fellow forum member, Rich, who was pretty cool for bringing in his baby - a 1939 J55 that he bought off of his buddy J. Geils.

I shot two videos of this gem, and I hope he doesn't min my sharing them on the forum here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1ZzPm4YE0A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4bVWMAOg-4

Sal, thanks for posting those. It was great to meet you. You missed the 1934 Roy Smeck that a fellow named Gregg brought in later. He had just had it converted. What a booming guitar. Also, another fellow showed up with a sixties H Bird that was in great shape, and a kid came in with a guitar he said his Dad bought for $100. He didn't know what it was, but we did. It was a late forties or early fifties Southern Jumbo. The Gibson guy took picture to help him identify it.

Also met Sitedrifter there. It was a great day.

Rich

Sitedrifter - sorry I missed you, and I am sort I couldn't stay in general. One of my sons and my daughter had a karate thing going on, and the flesh has to come before the wood.

Russo's is a great store. If only others could appreciate a store like this, with such quality instruments, the greatest people, and this young cool vibe, there would never ever be an online sale again.

Sal sorry i did not meet you. Would have loved to hear that guitar. I picked up a j45 koa and just won the 500 off gibson acoustic love russo music. Will never by anywhere else.

Spank, sorry I had to get out early. Congrats on your Koa! I am in Chatham, and my door is open if you or any forum member here wants to pick a tune, and certainly to try my SJTV. This guitar is my dream come true.

And wow... $500 beans... The J45tv they have on the wall is awesome.

Sitedrifter - sorry I missed you, and I am sort I couldn't stay in general. One of my sons and my daughter had a karate thing going on, and the flesh has to come before the wood.

Russo's is a great store. If only others could appreciate a store like this, with such quality instruments, the greatest people, and this young cool vibe, there would never ever be an online sale again.

Sal I was so engrossed playing the acoustics back in the drum room it did not dawn on me you were there even when my wife said this gentleman is picking up a Southern jumbo along with a Fender.

Great stuff guys! Sorry I missed this one but had some other commitments today. I echo all the comments about the Russo gang--a terrific shop that's everything a shop should be. Passion, knowledge and integrity.

Maybe Scott and the gang will have some cabin fever days in February/March to get everyone together...

Archived