Gibson Brands Forums

Good news, bad news my friends!

wickedout

Tonight I was with my GF sitting and having dinner. I told her I wanted to return my Fender and Epiphone guitars! She was like what? Lol! I was like yeah, I want to return them and get me a made in the USA Gibson Les Paul and that's what I did. Returned both tonight! No more Epiphone or Fender guitars in my house. I am now a true owner of a beautiful Gibson Les Paul. I love it. It's amazing and so damn beautiful. It's unbelieveable how great it sounds. The tones are amazing the pickups are incredible. Here's a picture of her on my guitar stand!

o06d.jpg

A simple fix is to put a sock over every bit of the stand that touches the guitar. Don't risk leaving the guitar on there now, until it's covered. And if you haven't heard about this tendency of nitro finishes to react to things, I'd suggest reading up on it. For example, no polishes that aren't either made for guitars, or that are well known as being safe.

A simple fix is to put a sock over every bit of the stand that touches the guitar. Don't risk leaving the guitar on there now, until it's covered. And if you haven't heard about this tendency of nitro finishes to react to things, I'd suggest reading up on it. For example, no polishes that aren't either made for guitars, or that are well known as being safe.

I've wrapped all of my stands with a few layers of 2" cotton gauze. Been that way for a few years now and no problems. The foam will "burn" a mark into not only nitro finishes, but tung oil as well (don't ask how I know this :( )

PS - nice guitar, enjoy!

I've wrapped all of my stands with a few layers of 2" cotton gauze. Been that way for a few years now and no problems. The foam will "burn" a mark into not only nitro finishes, but tung oil as well (don't ask how I know this :( )

PS - nice guitar, enjoy!

Thank you Dennis! I'll do the cotton gauze thing to help my stand and guitar. I love this thing and couldn't pass it up. I got it for a smoking deal! I've always wanted a Gibson Les Paul and this was my time to do it.

Archived