Gibson Brands Forums

Awesome Pics

ZenKen

6993586707_a938fb88c3_z_zps491b0ed7.jpg

Isn't that the GC vintage room where they hold the Guitar Center Sessions? Hosted by Nic Harcourt?

Great show. I have been PVR'ing that show ever since I discovered it a couple months ago.

Lot's of great talent and some great interviews.

Check it out.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Farnsbarns

This is a great pic, love the shadows in the face.Of course, I have seen it coz you texted it to me, I'm guessing everyone else is struggling. ;)

Awesome. OK.

The Pale Blue Dot, Earth from Voyager, us:

palebluedotEarth_zpsdc1dc502.jpg

Sunset on Mars:

SunsetonMarsfromSpirit_zpsea100d14.png

Lightning striking the Eiffel Tower, Paris:

eiffeltowerlightning_zps5acd220a.jpg

Another Lightning strike, XG332 stalls on approach to RAF Hatfield, Sept 13 1962 - test pilot G.Aird survived the ejection to fly again:

Lightningcrash_zpsd02bcaac.jpg

And one for Milod - this is Tremor the bull:

tremorthebull_zpsb7d90e79.jpeg

Regards!

Guest Farnsbarns

These arnt necessarily the best pics in the world but I like them cos I took them :) (in South Africa)

DSC00356_zpsefa7f86b.jpg

DSC00373_zps2f20e0cc.jpg

DSC00915_zpsac75db8c.jpg

Looks like you went up Table Mountain, the hard way?

Also, at a guess, Addo Elephant Park?

Looks like you went up Table Mountain, the hard way?

Also, at a guess, Addo Elephant Park?

Hmm, the first two were taken in and around Joberg (the Lion Park, no idea what its called) you actually get to go in a pen and play with and stroke the cubs :)... But ive been there about 4 times so ive also done the garden route which was amazing (driving from Durban to Cape Town).

rabslion_zps6105db4a.jpg

The baboons are Chacma Baboons from Simons Town near Cape Town... I also took this footage... it was so amazing to spend time with them, one of only two troops left in that area at the time (and may not even be there now as that was about 5 years ago).

Guest Farnsbarns

Yeah, the cat place is next to Addo. Been to Simons town a number of times, the one with the hills really looks like the back of table mountain, not spent much time around Jo'berg myself. Been to Durban, do you know Umshlanga? I spent some time in Lesotho too, ever been to Drakensberg?

I might be doing a trip in 2014 to Zim, Botswana and Namibia.

Yeah, the cat place is next to Addo. Been to Simons town a number of times, the one with the hills really looks like the back of table mountain, not spent much time around Jo'berg myself. Been to Durban, do you know Umshlanga? I spent some time in Lesotho too, ever been to Drakensberg?

I might be doing a trip in 2014 to Zim, Botswana and Namibia.

Yeah the reason we were in Joberg as thast where my ex is from (spit :))...

Going with one of the natives helps..

And im trying to remember now.. I think we went to the Drakensberg on the way to Cape Town there was an ostrich farm and a big cat reserve where they were breeding various species.. They had tigers and white tigers and lepoards etc...

It really is one the best places to go see wildlife.

Umshlanga sounds familiar but it was all a long time ago now (I think that was another garden Route stop off).

And in Simons town.. if you haven't heard of it check out the Milestone.. you get a house right at the edge of town about 15 feet away from the ocean and you even have like your own private area for whale watching. Just incredible.

http://www.themilestone.co.za/

• 3 weeks later...

Archived