Gibson Brands Forums

Awesome Pics

ZenKen

Another guitar centric site I visit has a thread where members post awesome pictures, mostly gear but any awesome pic is ok. Join in and post from the interwebz or your own collection. My guess is Pippy will have some awesome offerings.....

I'll start with this shot of 4 awesome birds. Go!

Birds_zps8574766b.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very brief as I'm cooking...

The snap in the OP is from the book 'Bass Culture' (a copy of which I have [tongue] ) - featuring much of the John Entwhistle collection.

The joke of that pic is slightly lost without it's companion picture of J.E.'s matching basses - Thunderbirds..........

[wink]

If I get the chance on Monday I'll post the pic of what he called the 'Unholy Trinity' of '58 V; '58 Explorer and '59 TigerStripe 'Burst.

P.

The snap in the OP is from the book 'Bass Culture' (which I have [tongue]) - featuring much of the John Entwhistle collection.

The joke of that pic is slightly lost without it's companion picture of J.E.'s matching basses - Thunderbirds..........

[wink]

If I get the chance on Monday I'll post the pic of what he called the 'Unholy Trinity' of '58 V; '58 Explorer and '59 TigerStripe 'Burst.

P.

According to Wikipedia, John Entwistle's awesome collection was sold at an auction when he had passed away. I hope all his nice guitars and basses are well and perhaps played sometimes... [unsure]

The snap in the OP is from the book 'Bass Culture' (a copy of which I have [tongue] ) - featuring much of the John Entwhistle collection.

[wink]

P.

my 1st thought was "great pic, but a '67 Firebird (Pontiac) would've been better......

Archived