Gibson Brands Forums

Pelham Blue

Pin

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spotted this new Pelham Blue Epi 339 Pro at GC yesterday on clearance for $299.99. Not sure why it was on clearance, as I noticed the sunburst version they had of the same guitar was a hundred more... Guess I should have asked them about the discrepancy.

v8ra.jpg

Spotted this new Pelham Blue Epi 339 Pro at GC yesterday on clearance for $299.99. Not sure why it was on clearance, as I noticed the sunburst version they had of the same guitar was a hundred more... Guess I should have asked them about the discrepancy.

Nice guitar. It is the normal Pelham Blue.

If you're at all interested in a 339 I'd snap that up in a minute @ $299.00 (that's the price I paid for mine - supposedly a "blem" but I think it was just a return) awesome deal - especially compared to the $600 Ibanez next to it [rolleyes]. Of the more than 20 guitars I own, it's one of the best deals I've gotten...

For what it's worth, I don't particularly care for the blue - of any sort - on a guitar but frankly a $300 339 pro in about any color could grab my interest and checkbook. And I'm far more interested in finding a cutaway 16-inch body 24 3/4 scale AE.

m

Well, I went back in today to get the $299.99 Pelham Blue Epi 339 Pro - and found out why it was discounted a hundred bucks... It had been dropped. And had a big gash on the bottom... I don't know how I missed that the first time I saw it.. But that's why it was discounted, and why the other 339 Pros in there were the normal price of $399.99..

With this gash (and the likely force of impact on the electronics, etc.), I just didn't want to chance it. I asked if they would come down any more, but they said that was the bottom line. So I passed.

rjjs.jpg

I figured I post this for some Friday lolz, I finally heard back from Mario @ TheGuitarMill, I had called there several times, no one ever answered the phone or returned my call, after leaving messages.

So I used his request for info email on his site

HI,

I have a new epiphone es-355 tv pelham blue, shown in this image:

http://www.themusiczoo.com/images/6-11-13/14043_ES_355_TE_13041500835_1.jpg

I have removed the bigsby and am interested in the refinish options to

cover up the holes.

Can you let me know what you would recommend, can do?

Thanks

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your inquiry! Sorry for the slow response time , we’ve come back from the holidays to a mountain of work! We’d be happy to do this job for you. Here is your pricing and turnaround time:

Strip / Sand Existing Body Finish – $150.00

Strip / Sand Existing Neck Finish – $150.00

Refinish Body in Nitro (Trans or Solid Color) – $235.00

Refinish Neck in Nitro (Trans or Solid Color) – $135.00

Upcharge for “Set Neck” / Non Bolt on neck guitar – $125.00

You can send the guitar in to our address below , and we’ll get started. Payment will be due upon completion , which will be approx. 12 – 14 weeks.

Thanks ,

Mario Martin

Guitar Mill / Mario Guitars

407 W. Lytle St.

Murfreesboro , TN 37130

615-849-5800

marioguitars.com

guitarmill.com

He wants to refinish the entire guitar and charge me almost $800 to fill in 2 holes.

And it will take him 3->3 1/2 months to do it.

He also refers to a trans finish, even though I did not, I simply pointed him to the photo of the finish.

[rolleyes]

Hmmm, good call...That's not something I would buy for a $100.00 discount (though I bought mine sight unseen, it turned out to simply be a return and not a "blem" as advertised). $150 - $200 ? Maybe

Yeah, that gash was pretty much a deal killer.. You never know what got "shook up" on that drop... Like you say, if they had gone $150-200, then maybe - but they wouldn't go under the $300 at all, so no deal.

Archived