Gibson Brands Forums

Waiting on ES-339

MrMikeR

I ordered an Antique Red ES-339 30/60 Neck from Musicians Friend about 3 months ago and I am still waiting on it. Ship date keeps getting pushed back. Latest expected arrival date is estimated at 2/27/09 but I suspect it will be further delayed.

Can you help me understand the reason the delay. Is Gibson waiting to start the manufacturing line until a sufficient number of backorders are placed?

Thank you

It'll be well worth the wait. I've been gigging with one since mid Sept. '08, and wouldn't trade it for a solid gold monkey. Super player, I can't explain how user friendly these are.

You'll see.

Best of luck.

Murph.

I share your musical pain here. I'm currently waiting for my 356 and it's killing me. I originally had a Christmas arrival date and nothing! Delayed for some stupid reason. It was a good thing that I got a sweater for Christmas or else there would have not been anything under the tree for me. All I would like to know is when it's coming, so I can move on.

I do find myself thinking about other guitars that I should have purchased.

Stay musically strong, you are not alone!:P

I do find myself thinking about other guitars that I should have purchased.

All will be forgiven and forgotten when it arrives. All will be forgiven and forgotten when it arrives. All will be forgiven and forgotten when it arrives.

On the 339: is there some reason you're buying through MF? You might try GuitarSale...

http://www.guitarsale.com/Gibson-ES-339-30K-60-Neck-in-Antique-Cherry-i760360.music

Thank you for the responses and the info. I really look forward to the day it arrives.

JazzGTR - I played the 356 on several occasions and it is a beautiful guitar. It is a work of art.

Clayville- I am using MF because I was able to take advantage of a 20% discount.

MikeR

Thank you for the responses and the info. I really look forward to the day it arrives.

JazzGTR - I played the 356 on several occasions and it is a beautiful guitar. It is a work of art.

Clayville- I am using MF because I was able to take advantage of a 20% discount.

MikeR

Yep, I got that same deal on my daughters '08 Studio Fireburst. Great birthday present!

Best to ya.

Murph.

I don't appreciate how Gibson decided to sell this guitar through only one company (or set of affiliates), it's a slap in the face to the mom and pop shops and it pains me to do business with the big box stores, but at this point the pain is worth it because the 339 is a great guitar.

that's strange.. i ordered one from the local chain out here; L&M. They just called up Gibson and about 2 weeks later it was in. i did put some money down as they told me that would speed it up a few weeks... and it did.

but anyway, this guitar is worth waiting for... you won't be sorry.

Knuks have all the luck.

I understand if a store wants to do a limited run like the G0 Les Paul, you can still get other variations elsewhere and the main production run goes out to all the distributors. But chosing one store to sell any and all E339s in the States leaves us with no option. And lets face it, there are those of us who have a bad taste in our mouths from dealing with MF or GC, or just want to patronize a local business.

I never understood that decision either, Bob. I ordered mine after hearing you guys in here lovin' em. I liked the 335 I played , but didn't like the "hugeness". I nearly went with an R8, but wanted something different, and loved the neck on the 335.

I buy a lot of stuff from MF because I'm in a semi rural area, so wasn't concerned with a return.

It just seems an odd decision to LIMIT the number of sales on a product, because a lot of people won't buy something they can't play.

But, having said that, Gibson has always done stuff like this, and decades later you end up with very collectable guitars.

Murph.

I ordered a 30/60 neck light burst from Guitar Sales and I was told Jan 16 but now the end of Feb. I bought it from them thinking that they might be able to fill their orders better than MF beacuse of a smaller waiting list. I will wait and see.

wow that is so strange that Gibson USA only sells these via MF.com to US customers. i'd of figured it to be the other way around.

the L&M i got it were pretty cool, i put money down but they said i can still return it if i'm not happy. They were really wanting to have one in the shop... and they could only get them if they were ordered. I saw a couple more in another shop that were ordered but never bought.

Anyway, i can 't say it enough.. the ES-339 is an amazing guitar!

When I got mine it was on the wall at L&M (several months ago). I tried it out, loved it, and the rest is history!

Good luck with yours...it will be well worth the wait, this is an amazing guitar and destined to be a classic.

Archived