Gibson Brands Forums

Sir Paul on a Gibson

livemusic

I now get insecure about the For No One clip.

No doubt Paul does the famous song during the 1984-movie in the same kind of situation, but it happens with a string ensemble.

Could it be another scene, a test or a rehearsal.

I saw the film the day after it opened in New Yorks Gotham Theater and McCartney had been there 24 hour before.

But that is a loooong time ago and I can't recall the version of For No One seen above.

However 1 thing is certain :

It is NOT footage from the vintage Revolver-sessions, if anyone should be in doubt - rather the composer and producer reenacting their own history as it might well have unfolded.

"What do you got, , , ?"

"I have this melancholic romantic ballad on which I hear french horn. . ."

Didn't someone post this before and after a lengthy to & fro deduce it had been late 1983?

It's definitely weird. Who goes into a recording studio 17 or 18 years after a recording and reenacts the initial introduction of now very famous material to his producer as if it's new? Do you reckon he went home to Linda afterwards and reenacted the argument with Jane Asher that the song is purportedly about? Or perhaps he just sauntered round to Jane's house and restarted the slanging match there.

This video could spawn a whole new sub-genre in pop. In 2014, Alan Price reenacts the moment where he snatched all the royalties for House of Rising Sun from the rest of the Animals. If only he hadn't died, Pete Seeger could have cut the wires to Dylan's amp during a performance near Newport. During the 2014 Grammys reunion with Paul, Ringo reenacts the moment when he left the Beatles during the White Album.

Archived