Gibson Brands Forums

Ultra Happy

atj13

I took possession of a new 339 Ultra at the beginning of the week. I had been waiting on a 339 Pro in Cherry but due to several issues related to lack of buying power by my usual store,plus a lack of communication from them. I was offered an Ultra at $US748 ($899 NZ)by the other store who had been trying to shift this for sometime. My usual store had offered me the same guitar at a special price when they could not supply the Pro (the guy said he had one to shift also) but never got back to me with a price so tough luck (it think 6 weeks is enough time to get back to me?). I didn't play one off against the other but they just never contacted me again, even after I emailed them to cancel the order for the Pro model. Anyway I have it now and even though the guy said 'its about 90%' after being a display model, he sent it down to me from another store in the North Island and it's perfect as far as I can see. I can not find one ding, scratch, smudge or anything to make it only 90%. All the guitar rig software downloaded without a hitch and although I can only put but five chords together (on a good day) it just makes me happy. I cant put it into words but it just does. The Cherry finish is stunning and the only thing I can find now I think about it is the 22nd fret has a sharp edge on it. Not difficult to fix. I am surprised at how weighty it is, obviously the Ultra is only one F hole and I guess there is more wood than air but it feels substantial. Anyway enough of my crap, just wanted to share, cant think of another $900 that has made me this happy for quite a while. Tone is great, stays in tune pretty well from what I can see and is very easy to play, no neck dive like my previous SG.

Yes pics are to come, waiting on some decent natural light as the weather is pretty crap here currently. Also have to work out how to get around the 500k limit??

just load them to a free photo-host such as photobucket or any of the myriad others out there.....the resizing will be automatic then.

can't wait to see it.....I LOVE a happy ending!

(I also love demo models.....nice price reduction w/no actual damage)

just load them to a free photo-host such as photobucket or any of the myriad others out there.....the resizing will be automatic then.

can't wait to see it.....I LOVE a happy ending!

(I also love demo models.....nice price reduction w/no actual damage)

D3929F0C-3815-4A55-8D03-807292696FE1_zps9dqglgds.jpg[/url]

the light is still not the best but anyway thats one pic

Tone is great...

I've not been playing my guitars enough, usually sitting down to the Motif XS instead. But I broke 'em out yesterday, first diddling on the gorgeous Xaviere XV-900 orangeburst. It plays... nothing special. Then I picked up my blonde 339 pro. Man! I usually play clean, with a little reverb, and there's lots of tones you can get out of this thing, but just with both pickups un'split', OMG, that is the thickest, richest, cleanest, tone for the limited blues riffing I can muster... Awesome guit!

git856.jpg

I've not been playing my guitars enough, usually sitting down to the Motif XS instead. But I broke 'em out yesterday, first diddling on the gorgeous Xaviere XV-900 orangeburst. It plays... nothing special. Then I picked up my blonde 339 pro. Man! I usually play clean, with a little reverb, and there's lots of tones you can get out of this thing, but just with both pickups un'split', OMG, that is the thickest, richest, cleanest, tone for the limited blues riffing I can muster... Awesome guit!

git856.jpg

Beautiful collection, thanks for posting

Just took it to a friend of mine, he adjusted the neck and had to turn the A neck saddle around so he could get enough travel to set the intonation up properly. He said one of the frets is a little high but nothing to worry about, nothing you can hear plugged in.

Archived