Gibson Brands Forums

Disappearing picks

daveinspain

Lost_03f218_625955.jpg

Talk about laugh out loud! Hilarious.

I found the photo snapped immediately preceding the posting of the missing sign:

Dogstress_zps6cef8d0d.jpg

I find picks everywhere: pants, nightstand, glasses case, Mom's house, work, you name it and I've lost one there (except that lady's gluteal crease). The other thing I have a penchant for losing is sunglasses.

why has no one done a pixar style short animation where guitar picks go on adventures when we think we've lost them?

Yeah I can see it now:

Opening shot - Guitar player strumming away on his guitar when suddenly a phone call intrusively brakes his concentration. P¡ssed off at the offensive mood barker he sits up from his comfortable chair. He struggles to get up at the same time as putting his guitar in the stand next to the chair. Of course in the process the guitar pick he was holding slips from his grasp and starts a spiral plummet to the ground.

Camera angle switches to an above view of the pic falling to the ground. A sense of velocity is created by special FX viewing the spinning pick as it races toward the ground. One split second before the pick hits the floor an inverse cymbal crash sounds bringing time and space into slow motion. The remaining milliseconds before contact with the floor reveal what looks like it's shadow open up just in time to swallow it up. As the pick enters the inter dimensional worm hole that devours it, time and space are restored to normal. Then the guitar play starts to look for his pick..

OK I have mentioned this before but last night as I was putting my guitar away I dropped my pick. I saw it fall straight down. There were no obstacles in the way to bounce off of or get stuck in. I bend down to get it. Not there... :-k So I put the guitar in it's stand and start to look for it. No where to be found, gone, disappeared into the zone. Never found it.

So the big question is, where do picks go? Another instance, I'm cleaning out a bunch of old stuff and I find an old guitar pick from the music store I used to go to in my home town when I was a kid. Pampalone's Music. This store was the store that everyone went to for everything. I even took drum lessons there. The store has been closed for like 35 or 40 years. I take the pick and put it in my wallet because I was going to Boston to visit family and thought I'd give the pick to my old guitar played in the band I was in high school. Fly from Spain to Boston. Get to Boston and the pick was gone…. 8-[

I FIND LOST PICKS WITH TEETH MARKS ON THEM FROM MY DOG, MAYBE GET A LITTLE DOG & YOU'LL FIND MORE LOST PICKS AS I DID

SPARKY

I bought a used P-bass several years ago and found two picks under the pickguard!

Hence the word pickguard. It helps protecting picks from player's use or abuse

[scared] :P [biggrin]

Ha! In that case, it did a great job. The picks didn't have any marks on them!

[thumbup]

[lol]

Dave...I feel your pain...I have a box filled with "special" picks. I'd be upset if they disappeared. My theory?? MIssing picks join up with missing socks from the dryer.

It is my opinion that sock are the larval form of clothes hangers. Apparently, guitar picks are part of the same family. Having said that, I have 3 picks on top of my amplifier. I have been using those same 3 picks for over a year. Now, of course, they will all disappear into the wormhole...

<_<

Pete

Archived